is there much live entertainment these days around pool decks?

BoPippy

Haven't cruised for awhile and was wondering if there is much entertainment around the pools(carribbean bands,etc)I have found in the past it was hit and miss.Sometimes there was very little and other cruises plenty of entertainment.:)I wonder if has changed over the years.

Haven't cruised for awhile and was wondering if there is much entertainment around the pools(carribbean bands,etc)I have found in the past it was hit and miss.Sometimes there was very little and other cruises plenty of entertainment.:)I wonder if has changed over the years.

When we were on the CB in May, they had a great Caribbean band poolside every day. On a couple of nights when they had special pool parties, there was always live music and everyone had a blast!

We have always seen it on the large ships and never on the small (Royal and Tahitian) ships.

As someone mentioned above it is really hit and miss. I just got back from the Star that went to mex. Rivera and it seems to me it was a day here and a day there. At sailaway, Island nite and as I mentioned here and there. Not everyday at all.

Marilyn

It would intensify the cruise experience if cruise lines would UP the outdoor entertainment around the pool decks and they would probably sell a lot more drinks,etc and that would offset the cost of entertainment and most people would really enjoy this!:)Fun,Fun,Fun.

On the CB there was a band every day. Last month on the Grand Med. cruise there was no band. It could have been the cooler (still warm) weather.

We have found it to be very itinerary dependent. Also, on some ships it has been pared down quite a bit so that it includes just one person on a keyboard with electronic accompaniment.

Archived