Charlie's Car Rental Question...

Cruiser64

Need some help...

We will be staying post cruise January 25th-26th at the Wyndham Rio Mar Resort (priceline :() so we will need a rental car. My question is: we can pick the rental car up (Charlie's Car Rental) at the Condado office on Sunday but we cannot drop it off at this office on Monday as their office is not open until 8:00am and we are flying out at 10:00am (don't think this will give us enough time). We can drop it off at the Isla Verde office before 8:00am but we are not sure where this is, how close it is to the airport, if we need a taxi or if they provide a shuttle.

BTW: Will not allow us to drop it off at the airport either

Thanks for any and all help...

These directions are from Google maps thanks to Coquishidaway. Check out this link and pick get directions and have lots of fun seeing what's in the area.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&om=1&msa=0&msid=116969536791656461166.00000111c2647d9ad5cbd&ll=18.464447,-66.113276&spn=0.005017,0.009645&z=17

Driving directions to Charlie's Car Rentals

38.4 km – about 31 mins

icon_greenA.pngicon_greenA.png

Wyndham Rio Mar Resort

Las Colinas

1.Head south on Las Colinas0.2 km

2.Turn left toward Ctra 9680.6 km

3.Turn right toward Ctra 9680.2 km

4.Turn left at Ctra 9681.3 km

5.Turn right at Ctra 312.9 km

6.Turn left at Ctra 66 Partial toll road

14.3 km

7.Continue on Ctra 268.3 km

8.Take the Puerto Rico Tertiary 37/Marginal Villamar exit toward Isla Verde0.2 km

9.Turn right at Av Isla Verde0.5 km

icon_greenB.pngicon_greenB.png

Charlie's Car Rentals

Av Isla Verde

Charlie's has a shuttle that will take you to the airport after you drop the car off.

You will like the Rio Mar. Since you have a car, there is SO much you can do.

That is close to where we live and we are still finding fun things to do in the area!

Charlie's Isla Verde office is minutes (about 5 mins ) away from the airport. Very close!

Thank you coquishideaway.

Our main concern was dropping off the car and getting to the airport in time. If I'm thinking correctly on this, we will need to pick the car up at the Condado office/Ashford Avenue after we disembark (do they shuttle from pier to the rental office?) and take the car back the following day to the Isla Verde main office where they will shuttle us to the airport.

We are looking forward to staying at the Rio Mar. The resort looks absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for all your help.

Wendy

Adventure of the Seas - Jan 18, 2009

One more question for Coquishideaway...

Is it really 31 minutes from the Condado office to the Rio Mar Resort and 1 hr 51 minutes from the Rio Mar Resort to the Isla Verde office? This is what mapquest says.

Thanks

Wendy

Adventure of Seas - Jan 2009

One more question for Coquishideaway...

Is it really 31 minutes from the Condado office to the Rio Mar Resort and 1 hr 51 minutes from the Rio Mar Resort to the Isla Verde office? This is what mapquest says.

Thanks, Wendy

Mapquest has had too many Pina Coladas! As you suspect, Condado and Isla Verde are only minutes apart.

Depending on traffic, it could take anywhere from 50 mins (usual mid-day) to 1.5 hrs (for rush hour).

Rush hour runs from about 7am - 8:30 am west bound ( toward SJ) and from about 4:30p-6:45 p east bound ( toward Rio Mar).

Take RT 66 (toll is $1.50 each way) you will miss about 14 traffic lights and save about 15mins (at least!).

Thanks again for all your help.

The husband of the couple we are cruising with is freaking out about us having to drive to the Rio Mar!! He said that the roads are crazy and everything is in spanish, we will not know where we are going and no one will help us if needed. I can't really calm him down as I do not have any idea of what we are up against with the traffic and road situation. He wants us to stay at the Sheraton and "eat the $150 reservation" at the Rio Mar reservation (priceline, cannot get $$ back :().

HELP!!

Wendy

Adventure of the Seas - Jan 2009

Seriously, it is not that bad!

Print out a map. The road are labeled with the names and numbers. It is a pretty straight forward drive from SJ to Rio Mar. Highways, just like in the states! Just avoid rush hour if you can help it (you will hit stop/go traffic close to SJ). And people are very helpful if you get lost.

The rental car place will give you a map if you don't have one, and they will tell you how to get onto RT 26 east (este). Then there is a big sign- stick left for RT 66. At the end of the highway (Belz outlet stores) you turn right onto RT 3 east (este). Follow that about 8 miles and there is a huge sign- Rio Mar to the left, Rain forest to the right. Rio Mar is just up that road (rt 968). On the way back to the airport, just reverse and go west (Oeste).

Driving: the rules are all the same. Some people are stupid, but for the most part, it is ok. Just be alert for the occasional odd thing. The main problems: people don't use blinkers, they push the yellow (so will have a few people going through a red light), and motorcycles drive between cars.

As long as you are aware of these idiosyncrasies, no problem. I drive here all the time and have never had even a fender bender in 5 years (knock on wood!).

Thanks again for all your help.

The husband of the couple we are cruising with is freaking out about us having to drive to the Rio Mar!! He said that the roads are crazy and everything is in spanish, we will not know where we are going and no one will help us if needed. I can't really calm him down as I do not have any idea of what we are up against with the traffic and road situation. He wants us to stay at the Sheraton and "eat the $150 reservation" at the Rio Mar reservation (priceline, cannot get $$ back :().

HELP!!

Wendy

Be assured Coquishideaway is correct, the drive is super-simple and everything is in English as well as spanish. (Anything that is not, is common sense easy to figure out, ie., the red octagon sign means stop!) Click on my AOS review link and scroll down to the last few pages for tons of pics and info.

Thank you Coquishideaway/Toonjie for all your valuable information...just need to convince "him" that we will all be OK. I'm sure this can't be any worse than driving the roads in Chicago Illinois!!

Wendy

Thank you Coquishideaway/Toonjie for all your valuable information...just need to convince "him" that we will all be OK. I'm sure this can't be any worse than driving the roads in Chicago Illinois!!

Wendy

Tell him I lived in Chicago for 12 years, and it's easier! Also, you can just get GPS navigation for a little extra and have no worries, but really, it's 2 roads and 4 or 5 turns tops from the airport to the resort.

Archived