Questions about Krystal in Puerto Vallarta

dolphinwyo

Don't know too much about the policies of the hotel now, we were there in May, but I have the email for the massage reservations. Just email me, and I'll send it to you.

Hi Pat-

Wondering if you would mind me emailing you to get that email address? I didn't want to just throw one out to you without your permission.

Or if anybody else has the email to make reservations for a couple's massage at Krystal that would be great.

Thanks for the help!

September

Hi Pat-

Wondering if you would mind me emailing you to get that email address? I didn't want to just throw one out to you without your permission.

Or if anybody else has the email to make reservations for a couple's massage at Krystal that would be great.

Thanks for the help!

September

milleniummassage@hotmail.com attention Leandro. He'll get back to you in a day or two. Just give him the day, approximate time and type of massage and he will schedule it in and let you know the exact time and cost. We had massages last week - wonderful!!

A couple of questions. Is Krystals close to the pier? Taxi or walking distance? And, in regards to the massages, are they done by men or woman? The reason I ask is that my 16 year old would like to have a massage (as she's never had one) but she has this modesty thing going on and I think would be uncomfortable with a male masausse (I know I'm spelling that wrong!). Is it complete undress, bathing suit or whatever you want? Thanks for any additional info.

Jenn

1. 15 miniut walk from pier...go to main street in front of walmart...walk left until you see entrance to krystal then ask for spa or where massages are given.

2. All are women who give massages...your daughter can wear as little or as much as she is comfortable with...they are experienced masseuses...

3. For women, if you have concern about oil on your makeup or hair you can tell masseuse to not touch your face or hair.

4. Tell masseuse if you the pressure is too strong or too light...they understand enough english to change pressure.

5. Go to the bathroom before you get massage so you dont have urges on table...

We have gotten massages at krystal for last 10 years...ask away...enjoy it all..

*oh yes, guys, if you moan, make sure you moan your significant others name especially if you are in the same room :>))

a couple of questions. Is krystals close to the pier? Taxi or walking distance? And, in regards to the massages, are they done by men or woman? The reason i ask is that my 16 year old would like to have a massage (as she's never had one) but she has this modesty thing going on and i think would be uncomfortable with a male masausse (i know i'm spelling that wrong!). Is it complete undress, bathing suit or whatever you want? Thanks for any additional info.

Jenn

A couple of questions. Is Krystals close to the pier? Taxi or walking distance? And, in regards to the massages, are they done by men or woman? The reason I ask is that my 16 year old would like to have a massage (as she's never had one) but she has this modesty thing going on and I think would be uncomfortable with a male masausse (I know I'm spelling that wrong!). Is it complete undress, bathing suit or whatever you want? Thanks for any additional info.

Jenn

It's walking, about 2 blocks south of pier.

Although there have been a few male masseuses in the past, as of December there were only female. That may have changed now, but you just have to request a female.

dress (underpanties) /undress is up to the individual

We were just at Krystal Jan. 13th we were there for a massage which was not until much later that day. But they did not charge us for a day pass which is normally $25.00 US which they will give you back in food/drink credit. They have a great clean beach with umbrellas and lounging chairs the cost is a tip we tipped $10.00 US for three of us. There is a lot of construction going on but we could not hear any of it on the beach or from the pools. The pools looked wonderful altought we did not get in we went in the ocean instead. For $18.00 US we got four beers, two Sangira and a Sprite we paid in US dollars. I would go back in a heart beat if given the chance. There are hair braiders wandering near the beach area among other "venders".

Good luck and have a great time!

Hello

I have been reserarching the Krystal resort as an option for our day in PV, as we have already been to PV twice for land vacations, and just want a beach/pool day.

Has anyone been there lately - heard there was construction and it was sold, what is the latest?

How do you pay for food/drinks there - USD, credit card, etc?

Are there hair braiders wandering near the beach area?

Thanks for any info!!

We were just at Krystal Jan. 13th we were there for a massage which was not until much later that day. But they did not charge us for a day pass which is normally $25.00 US which they will give you back in food/drink credit. They have a great clean beach with umbrellas and lounging chairs the cost is a tip we tipped $10.00 US for three of us. There is a lot of construction going on but we could not hear any of it on the beach or from the pools. The pools looked wonderful altought we did not get in we went in the ocean instead. For $18.00 US we got four beers, two Sangira and a Sprite we paid in US dollars. I would go back in a heart beat if given the chance. There are hair braiders wandering near the beach area among other "venders".

Good luck and have a great time!

How does that work....to tip for a beach chair? I've been to the Krystal and am going back again soon...I've seen the umbrellas and chairs, but who do you tip?

We just returned from our cruise aboard the Sapphire Princess, and walked into the resort; no one came after us to pay the $25pp fee (which I would not have paid).

The surrounding area and street that you have to walk down on to get to the resort, is under major construction, though it's still passable. This may deter some from even trying, as I know we too had second thoughts. Though we were never charged to go in, I am not happy we chose to go here, as the resort is somewhat run down and the beach area in front of the resort is over-run with locals selling everything from tee shirts, jewelry, ice cream, food, etc. After an hour of no thank-you's on the beach under a palapa, we left and found a spot by the pool. Though clean, the pool area had virtually no shade and it was somewhat noisy. We were mostly looking for a nice, quiet relaxing place to spend a few hours; this was not going to be it.

It's so sad to see the Krystal in such poor condition - the hotel looks run down and very dated. The pool area is clean and the beach is really quite nice, except for all the vendors who also stake out their headquarters there.

Go somewhere else!

I took the side road (it's still open, but there is a lot of construction along the way, making it a bit noisy) that deadends at the side gate. There was a bored guard who just waved me in when I told him I had a massage appointment. I had trouble finding where to go once I was there, though. There was a tented area along the beach, but because of construction right next to it, the massages were being given in one of the villas. Fortunately somebody came to get me as I was standing there looking lost!

You can also get there by walking along the beach. When you exit the cruise ship terminal, go through the shops and turn right when you get to the buildings. There's a fence with an opening that you can walk through and then stroll down the beach. It's a pleasant and safe walk (I did it alone returning to the ship) and nobody appeared to be monitoring access.

My massage was fabulous, by the way.:)

1. 15 miniut walk from pier...go to main street in front of walmart...walk left until you see entrance to krystal then ask for spa or where massages are given.

2. All are women who give massages...your daughter can wear as little or as much as she is comfortable with...they are experienced masseuses...

3. For women, if you have concern about oil on your makeup or hair you can tell masseuse to not touch your face or hair.

4. Tell masseuse if you the pressure is too strong or too light...they understand enough english to change pressure.

5. Go to the bathroom before you get massage so you dont have urges on table...

We have gotten massages at krystal for last 10 years...ask away...enjoy it all..

*oh yes, guys, if you moan, make sure you moan your significant others name especially if you are in the same room :>))

Don't your mean turn right and walk south?

I took the side road (it's still open, but there is a lot of construction along the way, making it a bit noisy) that deadends at the side gate. There was a bored guard who just waved me in when I told him I had a massage appointment. I had trouble finding where to go once I was there, though. There was a tented area along the beach, but because of construction right next to it, the massages were being given in one of the villas. Fortunately somebody came to get me as I was standing there looking lost!

My massage was fabulous, by the way.:)

We have massages scheduled in February....so, are they only giving massages in the villas now, not on the beach anymore because of construction? Anyone else have a massage on the beach at Krystal lately? That was one of the best parts about the massage there, was the atmosphere of being right on the beach! :)

We went to the Krystal last week. The massage was in a Villa. There was some construction noise by the pool so I was happy to go to the Villa for the atmosphere. They said that starting in May they will have their own spa in a new wing. The prices are going to go up a little when they move. We were told that they have put $200,000 into the new spa and will offer all the services they do now plus a hair salon, relaxation room and pool.

• 2 weeks later...

$95 is still a great deal for a 75 minute couples massage....especially at the Krystal. We just returned from our cruise and we had a massage at the Krystal, so did our traveling friends. Both of our massages were fantastic! WELL worth every penny and more. I wish I were back getting another massage right now. Even though the spa wasn't complete the villa that they held the massage in was very very nice.

$95 is still a great deal for a 75 minute couples massage....especially at the Krystal. We just returned from our cruise and we had a massage at the Krystal, so did our traveling friends. Both of our massages were fantastic! WELL worth every penny and more. I wish I were back getting another massage right now. Even though the spa wasn't complete the villa that they held the massage in was very very nice.

Everybody still has the option to go to Millenium's primary massage clinic at the marina. http://www.go2vallarta.com/milleniummassage/ I know the beach setting was very relaxing, but the move into a new spa facility makes the Krystal no different than any other resort.

Enjoy!

We had massage in Krystal last fall and it was fantastic. We are going back on a cruise this May and have already booked our massages. Yes - it may be inside -but the massage is better than any I have had anywhere. And I've had a lot of massages at high end spa resorts.

It is hard to explain but they just do a much better job and the price is unbeatable. It is so much more expensive at home.

Mary

Archived