When is complimentary juice available?

vwalk

It's readily available at breakfast--you can bring a container and "fill'er up" for later. Sometimes, you can get juice with meals in the dining room.

I remember OJ, tomato juice, apple juice....

On our Liberty cruise last month, there was a charge for tomato juice, even at breakfast. :(

The "Orange juice" in the Windjammer was VERY watered down. It tasted like weak Tang and was just horrible! :( The apple juice was OK.

The thimble-sized glasses we got for breakfasts in the MDR were OK (we refused to pay extra for "fresh-squeezed")

The "Orange juice" in the Windjammer was VERY watered down. It tasted like weak Tang and was just horrible! :( The apple juice was OK.

The thimble-sized glasses we got for breakfasts in the MDR were OK (we refused to pay extra for "fresh-squeezed")

I agree. I think the orange juice in the Windjammer is awful. So I only drink water. DH drinks it every morning, however. I may look into the tomato juice.

Charging for tomato juice :eek: How much????

Things like this really bother me!!

Why? Every change you have seen in the last year is a direct result of the behavioral pattern of cruisers.

Do you really think that RCI is standing by and watching things like this:

It's readily available at breakfast--you can bring a container and "fill'er up" for later. Sometimes, you can get juice with meals in the dining room.

Sometimes, you can get juice with meals in the dining room.

Not any more! The bar manager has taken over all juice drinks after breakfast service. So even lemonade is $3.00 now in the MDR. (Yes, the same lemonade that is still free in the Windjammer.) The only choices in the MDR at no charge are: coffee, tea and water.

I didn't even ask. We had the free tomato juice on the Monarch over July 4th weekend. I just hate the extra nickle and diming. Don't get me wrong, we were in a GS on Liberty. Just hate that everything that "used" to be included now is an additional charge.

One thing I can add is that because on Liberty, there are not bar servers walking around at breakfast and lunch (there is an bar where you can walk up to), our bar tab for 7 days was less than a 3-day Monarch (out of LA) cruise.

Deb

I'm traveling on the Independence of the Seas next month. My children love juice. Is it only available (free) during meals...or anytime?

I love this forum!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

OT (Off Topic). If you are on the December 13th sailing of the Independence you should come over and join our Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=561489&page=27

Kathy:)

Why? Every change you have seen in the last year is a direct result of the behavioral pattern of cruisers.

Do you really think that RCI is standing by and watching things like this:

Point taken.....:rolleyes:

If I am paying $600 for a 2 year old who barely eats I think they can give me a days supply of apple juice for my cabin!!!!!!

Our last cruise was December and the staff was very helpful in supplying us with what we needed for the little one.

If I am paying $600 for a 2 year old who barely eats I think they can give me a days supply of apple juice for my cabin!!!!!!

Our last cruise was December and the staff was very helpful in supplying us with what we needed for the little one.

You sure can. But reality is different. It is not just 2-year olds who benefit from that. Bottom line is: that everything we do as cruisers will eventually affect us.

Exactly right! If they refuse you juice in the MDR (like they refused to give my wife lemonade on our last cruise without a $3.00 fee) order a complete meal for your full-fare paying baby from the adult menu -- which you every right to do! When they look at you like you are crazy, just say "ok, I'll trade it for a glass of juice." Some thing has to be done to get through to these people how ridiculous their new rules are! What will they do when we all start stopping at the Windjammer for a glass of lemonade and carrying it into the MDR with us? Of course kids want juice -- and you are paying for it. That is just common sense. I happen to be diabetic so they keep a carafe of oj for me in our cabin frig -- you can do the same.

Before you start the flaming -- no, I do not agree with the waste and excess that takes place on the ships by our fellow cruisers and I understand what the poster was thinking when he complained about the possiblity of taking juice in a container from the Windjammer. But when they purposely put the juice away after breakfast to save money and then charge full fare for a baby you have to be able to see both sides of that story!

Archived