can we do anything......?

raringtogo

I agree with the comments that is would probably not be the level of support by RCL but rather the greed of not wanting to give cruise credits if the price drops as they currently do in the US - reduces their profit margin. Surely with computers - most of the work is done by us and then we contact agent as we can't really go with RCL direct. Have they done that much work that they deserve a "big" profit margin.

even though my Travel Agent is away on holiday, she was still kind enough to reply to my e-mail, and here is her reply:

FYI: the representatives of RCCL ALWAYS ask where are my clients from when booking a room. You are all from Australia and that is how they know who you are when you board the ship. Also, my RCCL District Manager who helped with this booking also knows that you are all Australian. There is no hiding the fact that you are NOT US citzens and there are no complications.

I hope this clears up any worries for AussieCruze, I know it does for me.

If aussies book through the rccl website the booking automatically goes to their Australian agents in North Sydney. We have booked a couple of Celebrity cruises through it's website and the same thing happens. My friend rang the head office to try and book directly, also becuase her husband in a wheelchair, and they told her the booking had to be handled through North Sydney.

The prices on the website vary and if the price is reduced the North Sydney agent has reduced our booking price, although we haven't tried after final payment. Sometimes Australia residents actually get cheaper rates than the US, although I doubt that it is often. My friend is booked on the 12/13 cruise and has half her bookings through a US agent and half through the AU rep. For this particular cruise the Aussie prices were actually cheaper than the US t/a could get and so she booked direct except for the better deal she got on the disabled cabin.

aussiedisney- yes, I thought that would be the case (about RCI re-directing bookings to their local agent)

certainly it's true to say that on 'some' Princess cruises you can buy cheaper locally, especially when they have those unreal special deals. (that's if you can find an overseas agent to take a Princess booking)

It still all boils down to service in the end though- and communication. The local group were given the chance for my business but communication was a huge problem, and so was price. I didn't even go as far as asking about price reductions and whether they would be applicable (let alone after final payment)

In the future if they want business locally, they're going to have to do something about their customer service and stop with the threats- that's not a good look:mad:

also, last year I booked my son on the Sun Princess Christmas/NYE cruise to the Pacific Islands and I tried a lot of USA Travel Agents, but, in the end booked it with one of our online local companies quite a bit cheaper.

hey murrumba- i'm interested in your comment that 'we can't go to RCI direct'

why is that? have you actually tried to book on their website? would they re-direct you locally?

Yes, if I go to Royal Caribbean International (pick Australia from their globe) check prices etc. and hold a stateroom, it redirects me to their agent in Nth. Sydney..

Hope this helps - I cannot identify by name agents on these boards I believe.

I do think that's a fair call - obviously they are their local agents so, I guess they should get the re-directed business- I've no problem with that. (btw I do know who they are) just accept comptetion with grace, and still offer excellent service- and win us (the local market) over with fair play.

Archived