Final Documents

Maureenxx

My documents for the 11/27/04 cruise of the Diamond P. were delivered by Fed Ex on 11/01/04.

Steve Hayes

Who has received final documents recently? We sail on Dec 5 and was wondering when we should expect ours. Thanks for your responses.

Who has received final documents recently? We sail on Dec 5 and was wondering when we should expect ours. Thanks for your responses.

The above answers are all typical of the norm.

Unless otherwise specified they'll normally go to your travel professional first for review then forwarded to you, or directly to you if you booked directly with Princess. I used to call and bug our TA about them and after a few sailings (ok, after the FIRST sailing) he put a note on our account so that their office would send them out asap to me.

If you used a TA they will have them 30+ days out under normal circumstances.

One other thing your TA can do for you to speed things up (if you feel they need to be) that has I heard from a well-traveled fellow passenger on our last cruise is to attach a note to the booking saying that your cruise is part of a land/sea vacation and that you leave 30 days before the cruise and need the documents before you leave. Don't have them say 40 days or Princess will say "ok, pick them up at the port prior to embarkation"....and that would kind of defeat the purpose.

I suppose this will become less and less of an issue as we move closer to e-documents, much like e-tickets on airlines....which I think will be a sad day....no more doc dance, a ritual we still continue to engage in.

I got my final docs on 11/4 and we're sailing on 12/11. I was surprised because from what I'd read on here, I wasn't expecting them until 2 or 3 weeks before we sailed. Yippee!!! I did go through a TA though. Maybe that's why they came sooner?

Archived