P&O alcohol policy in cabin

Kenny Burnet

Here are some prices from bars on Arcadia in May, I expect all ships in the pando fleet charge the same. I buy my wine at local Sainsburys at home and take with me.

DRINKS PRICE LIST MAY 2008 (Arcadia)

Sailaway Champagne £2.70 a glass

Pimms No1 £2.95

Champagne Cocktail £5.10

Single Gordons Gin £2.10

Sm Tonic Tin ``` £0.75

Sm can Lemonade £0.75

Cocktail of the day £2.50

Non Alc. Cocktail of day £1.70

Glass House White £2.65 175ml

Glass House White £3.65 250 ml

Glass Red Wine £2.80

Glass Chard. Neales £4.60 175ml

Pina Colada £3.95

Stella ½ pint £1.35

Stella pint £2.60

Bottle Grolsch £2.35

Budweiser £2.35

Magners Cider £3.45

Speckled Hen £2.40

Can Boddingtons £2.10

Bottle Pinot Grigio £13.50

Bottle Chardonney £16.50

Cappuccino £1.50 (café Vivo - Arcadia - free danishes/sweets with coffees -just ask)

Filter Coffee £1.00

when we were in the caribbean it was good we could get what we want at Barbados port dock and that seem to last us the cruise plus with the soda packages on board it made a good long vodka and lemonade by the poolside - although I'm probably classed as one of the chavs for doing that but hey if it is a cheap drink and they are getting some money for the soda i see little problem. Although did over hear one person complain about it on the cruise, guess they were just annoyed they hadn't thought about it before hand!

It also helps if the port authority are doing the scanning!

Sure you P&O wine devotees will know..anywhere close to the cruise terminal in Southampton to buy wine?

Tesco is just up the road at the roundabout before the terminal if you come in on the m271. Alternatively you have threshers in the main street or Mark and Sparks. There used to be a waitrose there too for those expensive champagnes ;)

hello-new to cruising-going with my mum who has been several times with my dad(sadly no longer with us)

think the wine box is a great idea-what type of bags do you use as carry-on-would a cabin suitcase(ie airline hand luggage size) be acceptable?

when we we're on Big 'V' in november i think most on our group either took spirits on board or bought it via the interactive screens in the rooms..

the list of spirits that could be bought was fairly endless to be honest and from what i remember included 2 or 3 choices of each type...

the only one that people struggled with 'on board' was baileys (can't remember if that was due to price or not though!!), so you may want to take advantage of the duty free or local supermarkets prior to embarkation..

we also went to say hello to our steward when we got to our cabin, and after leaving him a 'pre-tip' he always had our ice bucket filled and other bit and bobs in the room everyday...

also to note that in the carribean, most ports have their own duty free shops to get stuff when you run out, or for those hard to buy ones in the UK ...

it's great that we have these privilages that other cruise lines don't allow, but maybe these will cease if stories akin to new year keep appearing!!

for all Ventura 'virgins' .... the interactive tv in your room is fantastic, you can pretty much order anything... it's well worth a look! that and the info it gives you, even for dinner menu's etc (we found this good so we could judge a 'good' day to try the buffets...)

Archived