Mercury from Baltimore?

Cheeseboy

Hi. We are considering either the 9-night Bahamas or 12-night Caribbean cruise out of Baltimore on the Mercury. Would love to hear from anyone who's ever sailed either of these itineraries on opinions of Mercury (we've sailed on Century before).

Howdy,

We booked the Mercury for 1/11/2010 within a few days after it opened up. Baltimore is the most convenient port of departure for us. We have friends in Havre de Grace and will be able to stay a day or so pre and post cruise.

We have been on the Century and Galaxy,and love those ships, so we are confident we will also like the Mercury.

As far as the itinerary, we are anxious to visit two new ports for us-St. Croix and St. Kitts. We have been to St. Thomas numerous times, and always have fun. Same with St. Martin, which has two of the best excursions in the Caribbean-the America's Cup boat races and Orient Beach. Last year we were in Antigua when they had the Classic Ship regatta and it is one of favorite islands of all-a place we would consider going back to for a week.

So, we think it is a great ship, nice number of sea days, great ports of call, and a good value.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D:D Bob and Phyl

Thanks for the thoughts...I like the looks of the itinerary on the 12-night as well - several new ports for us (same ones as yours, actually, plus we've never been to Antigua), and it's

really a decent price considering the cruise duration. Only downside is departure and return times necessitate maximum vacation time usage - whereas the 9-nighter overlaps two weekends and only 6 weekdays, which is nice. Itinerary significantly different there as well - though we'd enjoy either.

Wvufan,

We are booked on the 11/30/09 cruise out of Baltimore. Mercury is my favorite ship.

Tell me about the America's Cup boat races and Orient Beach? I'm kinda of a wimp, but my husband is a dare devil would I like the boat races also? What is so great about Orient Beach

and what port is it in?

Thanks

Lynn

We are on the 12 day Mercury cruise leaving Baltimore on 11/9/09 we sailed on the Galaxy her sister ship a few years ago out of Baltimore we like the itenerary and not having to fly to catch the ship we have a thread started for this cruise on the Celebrity Connections board if anyone is interested in joining. We just got off the Connie 11 day repo cruise from Bayonne nj to Ft. Lauderdale we had a great time and many on this cruise have booked the Mercury out of Baltimore.

Wvufan,

We are booked on the 11/30/09 cruise out of Baltimore. Mercury is my favorite ship.

Tell me about the America's Cup boat races and Orient Beach? I'm kinda of a wimp, but my husband is a dare devil would I like the boat races also? What is so great about Orient Beach

and what port is it in?

Thanks

Lynn

Orient Beach has a nude resort adjacent to it so you will see a lot of topless woman roaming the beach if you go to the area where the resort is you will see naked men and women it is located on the French side of St Marten's

We are looking at booking the Mercury for a B2B in Jan 2010 and have "No" knowledge of the Baltimore area. This will be our "first" visit to this area.

Can someone share some information about Baltimore with me?

Jan weather ... jacket needed?? ... Good hotels for a pre and post cruise stay ... what to do/see...etc.

Also looking for info on Charleston, SC ... weather... what to do/see etc.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with me.

Pat :)

We are looking at booking the Mercury for a B2B in Jan 2010 and have "No" knowledge of the Baltimore area. This will be our "first" visit to this area.

Can someone share some information about Baltimore with me?

Jan weather ... jacket needed?? ... Good hotels for a pre and post cruise stay ... what to do/see...etc.

Also looking for info on Charleston, SC ... weather... what to do/see etc.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with me.

Pat :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=11685028

We just got off the Mercury less than two weeks ago. We had a fantastic time.

The entertainment was far better than any cruise we've been on. They had live music in four locations everynight.

The food was very good. We didn't find the very obvious cut backs others experienced.

The ship is in great shape and the crew was outstanding.

Have a good time!

If anyone has any recent interior photos of Mercury, would you kindly post a link? Thank you. ;)

Hey stranger:).....not sure how current you want but

if you check both links in my signature there are quite

a few photos from Mercury. The most current is September

when I was in Alaska and its on the Flickr link.

Hey stranger:).....not sure how current you want but

if you check both links in my signature there are quite

a few photos from Mercury. The most current is September

when I was in Alaska and its on the Flickr link.

Geez, duh what am I thinking? Thanks, Lois. Didn't even think to check your pics. I know you're a Mercury lover. ;)

We are on the 12 day Mercury cruise leaving Baltimore on 11/9/09 we sailed on the Galaxy her sister ship a few years ago out of Baltimore we like the itenerary and not having to fly to catch the ship we have a thread started for this cruise on the Celebrity Connections board if anyone is interested in joining. We just got off the Connie 11 day repo cruise from Bayonne nj to Ft. Lauderdale we had a great time and many on this cruise have booked the Mercury out of Baltimore.

dh and i were on this sailing we are the ones from pasadena glad to see you guys got home safe. see ya on these boards and definetly on the mercury. vo922

dh and i were on this sailing we are the ones from pasadena glad to see you guys got home safe. see ya on these boards and definetly on the mercury. vo922

Hi Ronnie

Glad you replied I sent you an e-mail at your e-mail address a while back and you did not reply not sure if you got it I hope I have the right address send your messages to the cruise critic connection boards Mercury 11/9/09 out of Baltimore there are a few people who are posting

Bob

Archived