Main Dining Question

ohiogal

The servers assigned to whatever table you will be assigned to work in other areas of the ship, and you may very well be assisted by one of them during your trip.

One morning on Freedom, we encountered our waiter at 8am working the Coffee Shop in the Promenade. He called us by name and we chatted briefly, and he even kept an eye on us while we sat to see if we needed more coffee or another danish.

So yes...you should still tip the recommended amount. Your servers will be 'serving' you in many ways outside the dining room.

I too am pretty picky, but there's quite a few choices on the menu. And before you rule it out completely, the menu is posted outside the dining room prior to seating for you to review. Our staff was great..even if it wasn't on the menu and we had a request they pretty much met it.

Nobody is a pickier eater than me and I always find something to eat in the dining room! One time the waiter in the dining room sent his assistant down to the buffet to get sushi for someone at our table when she mentioned she was in the mood for it.

Do try the dining room---my husband won't eat anything....and there was PLENTY for him!

If they have a meat that he likes, but there's a sauce on it, just order it without the sauce, or onions, or whatever.... they're very flexible with your orders!

Also, there is a kids menu available in the dining room that anyone can eat from.

If you really do intend to never set foot in the dining room, please go see the maitre'd on the first day and give up your table assignment. That way if your seating is fully booked they can accommodate someone else.

Archived