Pre-cruise Hotel in Miami

october37

Does anyone have a hotel they can recommend for the night before our cruise in Miami? From my searches, pricing is all over the map as well as services offered. Would love to find one with shuttle service available.

Thanks,

Michelle

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Sensation

If you get a hotel close to the port, you won't need a shuttle--just take a cab! The Holiday Inn and it's sister hotel , The Intercontinental are within sight of the port, and a taxi in the morning will cost about $8 or so. Both are Holiday Inn properties, so you can accrue your Priority Points! The Intercont. is very upscale and beautiful, the Holiday, is,well...a Holiday Inn!

Pricing depends on demand....and wintertime is much more expensive!

Try Embassy Suites - they have a cruise package. At least they did when I was originally booked to go out of Miamia.

Does anyone have a hotel they can recommend for the night before our cruise in Miami? From my searches, pricing is all over the map as well as services offered. Would love to find one with shuttle service available.

Thanks,

Michelle

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Sensation

We stayed in the Holiday Inn for 2 nights prior to our cruise earlier this month. The hotel, at best, was only ok really, was quite shabby and could do with serious refurbishment. However, I found that the worst part of our stay there was trying to get an elevator on the Sunday morning we were checking out. In fairness there is a sign inside the elevator stating that it can be quite busy in the mornings but, honestly, it was absolutely crazy. We waited 15 minutes to get on the elevator and then it went up and down, up and down to all the different floors, opening at each floor and people waiting to get on (but couldn't because it was full) looking at us looking at them! For this reason I would not stay there again. Looking back now it was probably quite funny, but at the time it was just a nightmare.

I must admit though that the staff were all very friendly and the breakfast was quite good.

From the outside the Intercontintel looked like a much nicer hotel so if I was cruising out of Miami again I think I would stay there.

Archived