St Lucia on the Cheap (Back on Topic)

Beckaroous

In an attempt to get back on topic I am going to repost with some updates

I have read several threads and am aware of Serenity, Cosol, Paradice, Herods, Spencer Ambrose, and several others and they seem to all be charging about $50 per person which is too steep for a regular tour.

We are traveling on the Carnival Victory and have managed to keep each island pretty cheap. However cheap options in St Lucia seem pretty limited.

Ideally posted ideas should be under $35 per person. Ideas which were previously posted on the last thread were:

1- Serenity has a discovery $30.00 tour don't know how good it is, (serenitytvl dot com or 866-766-0794. It's free

2- When we were on the Emerald Princess last February, we found Castries, St. Lucia to be a memorable port, and not typical of the tourist-oriented ports of the Caribbean. It was slightly urban, with several office buildings. The local citizens were going about their daily routine of work, shopping and school. The Catholic Cathedral was very unique, with a bright and colorful interior. The city market had a special aroma and ambience. We also felt pretty safe, and we stayed within about 10 city blocks from the ship.

Does anyone have any more ideas?:confused: All ideas are welcome we would love an opportunity to see the volcano and the pitons we also enjoy snorkeling, the beach, island tours, kyaking, sailing, and more.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Well, my husband, daughter and I are going to rent a car for the day. We are going in February. The total cost with the permit, insurance etc. is $84. We were looking into all of the tours and stuff, but like you, the cost seemed too high for what you get. We are planning to drive to the Volcano and see Soufriere, etc, at our own pace. I know people are warning about steep roads etc, but we did drive a car around in Ireland before, so I think we can do it. We will just drive slow!!!

Well, my husband, daughter and I are going to rent a car for the day. We are going in February. The total cost with the permit, insurance etc. is $84. We were looking into all of the tours and stuff, but like you, the cost seemed too high for what you get. We are planning to drive to the Volcano and see Soufriere, etc, at our own pace. I know people are warning about steep roads etc, but we did drive a car around in Ireland before, so I think we can do it. We will just drive slow!!!

What rental company are you useing and did you book directly or use a website

I ended up booking through Vacation and Corporate Rentals, website vcrentals.com I found the car I wanted on the website, then filled out a request. One of the representatives got back to me via e-mail, with the total cost and a phone number to complete the booking. They ended up being the cheapest.

Some other sites I looked at were werentautos.net and handbcarrental.com, candysrentacar.com and bestrates24hrs.com

Since we haven't gone on our trip yet, I can't tell you about the service, but I did get the name of the vcrentals through someone on this board, and they were happy.

Hope this info helps!

Archived