Need beach recommendations

pgsahm

We just got back too and really enjoyed it. The Hot Tub isn't really hot though. It was warmer than the pool which was really chilly. We did the parasailing and my dh and ds did the wave runners also.

I was really uncertain about booking this one because I wasn't sure how our 14 yr old would like it but he even said he would definately go back. I too never eat off of the ship but we all did and had no problem at all.

Enjoy, wish I were going too!

CKRobin, Hello I have a few questions re.. Nachi Cocum. My husband & I are having a debate whether to book a day at this beach. We don't drink more than maybe two drinks, he is afraid of eating food in :mad: Mexico...$49.00 each is it worth it?? We are going Dec 7 how warm was the weather? Is the beach beautiful? We live part time in Florida and we go to the beach quite often.. Need feedback..husbands....:mad:

I had the same concern. I wanted to drink a ton to make it worth the $49.00. It turned out that I only drank 2 or 3 drinks and my husband had about 5. It was so relaxing and quiet at the beach that I didn't even care if I didn't eat and drink the $49.00. It was a PERFECT day and perhaps my favorite day on the cruise. We didn't even eat dessert because we were so full from the first two courses! (I attached pics of our food.) Nonetheless, worth every penny. And the food/drink didn't make us sick. And enough people on these message boards have raved about it and haven't heard anyone say that they got sick. The pool was cold and refreshing because it was warm out. I didn't get in the hot tub because I thought it was too warm. (And we were there in on the 12th of this month.) If you're looking for a QUIET day this is the place! The service is also wonderful. Although Paradise Beach is free, I bet you anything it is SWARMING with people including lots of loud kids!

733501627_19FoodatNachiCocom.jpg.1a9131f3f947fc22b578e4b216efac6d.jpg

313892123_20FoodatNachiCocom.jpg.30495f91fa5f2ac013cdf2890750a9cb.jpg

839234080_21FoodatNachiCocom.jpg.a53dca08a8e4c46939575b2839df1f56.jpg

381779982_16NachiCocomBeach.jpg.c600c6f0c4442ba0554d1e7db634fadd.jpg

We will be in Cozumel in February and there appears to be A LOT of cruise ships there on the same day we're there. I know it's going to be busy no matter where we go but I'd like to know what would be the best beach to visit on a busy cruise ship day. I do not want to book anything in advance if I can help it, and the beach needs to be sandy, with little to no rocks as I have a two year old and I really don't want a rocky beach for his sake.

I've thought about Paradise Beach but from what I've read it looks ilke it will be crowded that day since there are so many ships in port. I'd love to hear some suggestions! Thanks! :cool:

Nachi Cocom all the way!

193684562_16NachiCocomBeach.jpg.be5910dd6d18d4734a64a72175183275.jpg

We were on the Carnival Ecstasy 5 day Thanksgiving cruise. We've been to Cozumel many times in the past. We've always enjoyed our visit to the island. We've rented cars & did an island tour, we've done snorkel tours, and we've visited many of the different beach clubs such as Dzul Ha, Paradise Beach and the Wyndham. This time we decided to try Mr. Sancho's. From everything I've read on this forum, we decided this would be a great option for us.

We took a taxi (van actually since there were 6 of us) & head to Mr. Sancho's, arriving around 9am to the resort. The van cost $30 each way.

We chose the all-inclusive option. However, we forgot our paperwork so this caused a little bit of confusion in the beginning but the staff was quick to resolve the issue. In no time at all we were sitting on the beach under an umbrella with drinks in hand.

The food & drink quality were excellent. So was the service. I had read some posts on this board about the lounge chairs being worn out. I think they resolved this issue because ours appeared to be brand new.

We did most of the activities - rode horses, ATVs, parasailed and jetskied. Only complaint was that the jet skis ran slow and one of them stalled a few times.

Although there is no reef, there were lots of fish to enjoy with a snorkel & mask!

The facilities were clean and well kept & the staff was very attentive.

When we were ready to leave there were plenty of taxis waiting in the parking lot.

All in all, our day at Mr. Sancho's was great and I would recommend this as an option for anyone wanting a fun, relaxing beach day with great food and drink.

PS - Towels are not included so be sure to bring your own ;)

We booked our all-inclusive through:

http://www.*****/

We paid $40/adult & $30/child (12 & under). This price included all food and drink (excluding any lobster dishes & real specialty drinks like the ones in a coconut). Otherwise, we could order any other food or drink off the menu. The price also included lounge chairs & table with a papaya.

The activities such as horseback riding, jet skis, ATV rides, etc were extra, but reasonable.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Jan

For $40 US per person you had food, drink, chairs, and shade. Where any of the following included or available at Sanchos?

Floating mats

kayaks

other water type toys similar to what is available at Paradise? (bungee, trampoline, climbing thing like iceberg, etc.)

I am trying to convince myself that the crowds at Paradise warrant going to another beach. Paradise has lots to offer for about the same price though. What do you think?

Thanks!

Archived