Need beach recommendations

pgsahm

We will be in Cozumel in February and there appears to be A LOT of cruise ships there on the same day we're there. I know it's going to be busy no matter where we go but I'd like to know what would be the best beach to visit on a busy cruise ship day. I do not want to book anything in advance if I can help it, and the beach needs to be sandy, with little to no rocks as I have a two year old and I really don't want a rocky beach for his sake.

I've thought about Paradise Beach but from what I've read it looks ilke it will be crowded that day since there are so many ships in port. I'd love to hear some suggestions! Thanks! :cool:

I'd suggest you look at Nachi Cocum. The downside is you do need to make reservations as they limit the people to like 100/day. So if there are a lot of ships in port they might fill up. The cost is $49/person for adults but that includes all the drinks and food you could want. I think children <3 are free. The beach is great...lots of sand. There is also a pool there.

Jane

My wife and I were in Cozumel Christmas week while on a Cruise. We didn't want to go with the herds of other people on the Cruiseship excursions. Based on other reviews on TripAdvisor we hopped a taxi for $17 and went to Palancar Beach in the south of the island.

Palancar Beach was a little paradise for us. There is a narrow sand beach leading into the crystal clear water. They have a restaurant and lots of palapas with tables and chairs to enjoy your lunch at. There were a limited number of lounge chairs, but we had no problem finding two right on the edge of the water. There were at most 50 other people at this beach on a Saturday. Plenty of waiters making sure you had a cold cerveza!

We signed up for the snorkel excursion from the beach to Palancar Reef just about a mile offshore. We paid $30 each and there were only four other people on the trip. While we were out, the "cattle boats" full of cruisers were also out. Imagine trying to do a snorkel trip with 50 of your new best buddies!

Pedro was an excellent guide and he pointed out sea turtles, eagle rays, lobsters, and many other fish. The water was crystal clear and full of coral and other marine life. Best snorkeling we've ever done!

We highly recommend Playa Palancar if you want to get away from the crowds and enjoy a quieter spot on Cozumel. No problem getting taxi to and from. Food was very good (but pricy).

We walked down the beach from the beach club and saw no other persons as far as we could see! We'll definitely go back next trip.

Thank you for that link. That's very helpful!

I think we are leaning towards something other than Paradise at the moment. So these few you have named are on the "maybe" list! LOL As much as I'd like to go to Paradise Beach I'm leary because there are six ships in port that day ( I rechecked to make sure...). Oy vey. It's like the busiest day in the entire month of February!

There will be 7 of us (4 adults and 3 kids). Do the kids count towards the total of passengers in a taxi? I would imagine they do but thought I'd ask just in case. I need to find that taxi rate board that I've seen on here.....

There will be 7 of us (4 adults and 3 kids). Do the kids count towards the total of passengers in a taxi? I would imagine they do but thought I'd ask just in case. I need to find that taxi rate board that I've seen on here.....

Yes unless your children are infants the do count. I would wait a couple of weeks as I read some where the taxi rates were going up December first some 20%.

We will be on the Pearl Leaving Miami Dec 7. We will be in Cozumel that week question how do I find out how many cruise ships will be docked that particular day! Also questions on undertow and rip tides do :eek:all the beaches have this problem? Should we pick an alternative other than Paradise Beach due to the volume of people.. Is Paradise the best beach?? Recommendations please... Thanks so much can't wait...:D

We will be on the Pearl Leaving Miami Dec 7. We will be in Cozumel that week question how do I find out how many cruise ships will be docked that particular day! Also questions on undertow and rip tides do :eek:all the beaches have this problem? Should we pick an alternative other than Paradise Beach due to the volume of people.. Is Paradise the best beach?? Recommendations please... Thanks so much can't wait...:D

There will be six ships in port. The west side beaches do not have a problem with riptide or undertow. The number of people question is up to your personal preference, if Paradise is too busy for your likeing just step over to san fran and they normally are not as busy.

Here ya' go! To see it bigger, right click on the image & save it to your desktop. then open it with you picture viewer.

You need to add 20% to these fares. I saw a post yesterday forecasting a fare hike in the near future.

Hey all,

I visited Nachi last Friday while on the Mariner and had a wonderful day!

The beach is lovely, the pool was awesome (but cold!), the food and drink were great and plentiful, and the service was excellent.

No mosquitos anywhere as someone else reported - at least I did not see any.

I will post a few thumbnails of my pics - click on them to see larger images.

IMG_0819.jpg.72dee3fd52a04596c03c7019347e92b2.jpg

CKRobin, Hello I have a few questions re.. Nachi Cocum. My husband & I are having a debate whether to book a day at this beach. We don't drink more than maybe two drinks, he is afraid of eating food in :mad: Mexico...$49.00 each is it worth it?? We are going Dec 7 how warm was the weather? Is the beach beautiful? We live part time in Florida and we go to the beach quite often.. Need feedback..husbands....:mad:

I'm so glad you enjoyed your day there. My family & I will be on the Dec 14th sailing of the Mariner and have reservations at Nachi. We are trying to reserve the snorkeling excusion from there. RCCL says Cozumel 10 to 7 - is that "ship" time or Cozumel time. We would like to snorkel before we begin to "indulge". Thanks!

My family was at Nachi last Monday and it was GREAT! The food was good. I wasn't worried about the food... however lookout for fountain sodas (mixed with the water). Truly for $49/ person, considering the $60 we spent through Carnival to go to Coral Cay on Roatan (food & drinks NOT included) was a DEAL! The beach isn't sand, it's actually very soft crushed up shells & coral. I live in Daytona Beach and HATE getting sand all over EVERYTHING. Here, we just crushed it off and it was OFF! Our waiter Joseph said that the water is always like GLASS. Unfortunately, due to the front moving through, this was not the case, but I can imagine Nachi being more like a Corona commercial on a typical day. Our day, not so much :rolleyes:. I highly recommend Nachi! Have a great time.

Oh, don't try to make a reservation through Nachi's site. Google Nachi Cocom and you'll find a site that books Nachi rather than just sending an e-mail.

I imagine if you're going in May, you might want to book somewhat early based on the limited guests of 100/day.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your day there. My family & I will be on the Dec 14th sailing of the Mariner and have reservations at Nachi. We are trying to reserve the snorkeling excusion from there. RCCL says Cozumel 10 to 7 - is that "ship" time or Cozumel time. We would like to snorkel before we begin to "indulge". Thanks!

We will be there with ya! This is our second time at Nachi and we love it.

Hey all,

I visited Nachi last Friday while on the Mariner and had a wonderful day!

The beach is lovely, the pool was awesome (but cold!), the food and drink were great and plentiful, and the service was excellent.

No mosquitos anywhere as someone else reported - at least I did not see any.

I will post a few thumbnails of my pics - click on them to see larger images.

Hi! We were there too. Were we in the hot tub together? I was there w/ my mom, sis, dh and kids off the Conquest

Archived