Two adults and a baby in a two person room

NYreadytogo

On our upcoming cruise, My husband, his brother, our 19 month old son, and myself booked two rooms- a balcony for me and the baby, and an inside for my husband and his brother. The balcony is officially a 2 person room- but my son needs a crib/pack-n-play to sleep in no matter what. Therefore, we were planning on my husband actually staying with us, rather than in his reserved cabin. This would make it 3 people in a 2 person room. Has anyone done this before? We plan on giving an extra set of tips to cover my husband (so in effect, tipping for him for both rooms). Does anyone forsee any problems/issues? Thank you.

Did you call and talk to anyone? What cruise line and ship is this?

I know that my husband, myself and our 20 month old will be in a 'two person' cabin this December on the Liberty of the Seas. I called a reservation agent about changing to a 2 person promenade room from a three person inside and she told me that they are normally only for two, but the system will allow them to put two adults and an infant in the room without a problem.

This has been done with no problem and discussed on these forums - but I have no idea how you'd do a search for the thread. On my own next cruise, I have two cabins booked for two people each, but we will really be 3 people in one room (me and my twin toddlers) and 1 in the other.

I doubt they will post the cabin police at your door to make sure your husband isn't sneaking into your room :rolleyes: And I figure it happens all the time that people hook up on board the first night and never see their own cabin again.

Unfortunately, calling doesn't always bring the correct information. I was told when I booked our first cruise that because we had three people in our room, our beds absolutely could not be made into a queen - it would have to be 3 singles. They were wrong - once on board I just told the room steward what I wanted and he took care of it.

Have a great cruise! And report back and let us know how it went.

Best,

Mia

• Administrators

Cruiselines generally don't care once onboard. The one thing to be aware of, however, is the muster drill (lifeboat drill) and also the possibility of an actual emergency. Lifeboat seats are allocated based on souls on board in a particular section of the ship. During the drill and in the event of an actual emergency, it may be that your hubby with his brother in the inside cabin is assigned to a different boat than you and the baby. Just bear that in mind and plan accordingly, just in case. Have a great trip!

Archived