Are sailings sold out?

stromer

I have been on about 10 cruises and never have been on one that has not been sold out. With the recent global recession, has anyone been on a recent cruise that has not been sold out? What the cruise line does is thay lower the price (toward the end) enough to get it sold out.

Maybe up to now the ships have been sold out because when the tickets were bought, the recession was not bad enough yet.

I am going on the Infinity Feb 1 and they have not lowered the price much.

Any commets, Rick

Infinity March 1 from BA has lots of cabins, including several FV, at lowered prices and with some great senior prices. March 15 Infinity show little available and even has pricing above what was posted when bookings opened. RCCL will what is necessay to maximize income.:)

We def. had some open cabins on 11/1 sailing of Summit in the Med. I was able to upgrade to a CC onboard for $200/pp; my cost before boarding was $600/pp. I was offered a royal suite for a mere $7000! Our new CC was right above the royal suites and we could look down onto the balconys of a batch of cabins--one time we saw someone on the balcony of the RS below us--I think it may have been an entertainer brought on board for one show. We spent a lot of time out there and I was shocked that it was so quiet. Also the cabin we vacated was right above us, which was nice since there was no noise.

My guess from my research before we left is that there were 10-20 open cabins in all categories.

cp

I was on a Baltic Regent Cruise in August/Sept and I heard that there were only 500 out of 700 guest on the ship (I don't know that for sure - I just over heard ppl talking). I guess people are just being more selective. This cruiseline is somewhat overpriced and I guess ppl just don't have $12000/couple for a week long cruise.

Our of curiosity I was checking the cruise we're on in NZ/OZ on Jan 18th (Mille.) last night...found a site that lists ALL cabins. With less than 2 mo to go (it WAS sold out a few months ago) there were (only checked CC and up) 15 CC cabins, 13 SS, 4 out of 8 Celebrity Suites, 4 of 8 or so royal suites and BOTH penthouses up for rent. HAve no idea how many other cabins...stopped there. Since they went to very cheap Gty's I think many changed to those Gty's The Suite Gty is only $3,700pp (2,000 less than fare for SS. Sorry to say as we are on Cruise Air we can't take advantage of these specials, and own air right now (unless as some TA's posting here have said they could match Cruise air, IF you work hard at it, and know how to do it) We're paying only $1,200pp and online fares run from about $2800pp up-up-up (and that was with 2-3 stops each way.) So all that savings are out the window on Gty. What will this mean to passengers now paid up??? Upgrades perhaps or just leave those cabins empty :confused:

What website is that?

Don't remember...just one of those that comes up when you google "Cruises"....maybe cruise.com, not one of the major ones...can go back & check it out to see if I can find it??

Well it's "CruiseCheap"...has 9-10 cabins in most classes below CC I just checked.. Feel we'll be having really good service??? more crew/passenger ratio??? wonder if they move folks around to keep them together to facilitate ease in Attendants cleaning & other services. Maybe good deals in shops??

Archived