suggestions on accom near wharf

tassie cruiser

Hi there, we are cruising on dawn princess new years eve cruise from sydney 28 dec. we arriving in sydney on the 27th any suggestions where is nice and close to stay the night. (there is 4 of us, hubby and 2 kids - 13 & 16)Want to be nice and close to wharf. Anybody else out there booked on this cruise, very excited. any info on dawn princess would be great. would love to hear from fellow cruisers.

Fiona

x

Hi there, we are cruising on dawn princess new years eve cruise from sydney 28 dec. we arriving in sydney on the 27th any suggestions where is nice and close to stay the night. (there is 4 of us, hubby and 2 kids - 13 & 16)Want to be nice and close to wharf. Anybody else out there booked on this cruise, very excited. any info on dawn princess would be great. would love to hear from fellow cruisers.

Fiona

x

hi fiona, here is a recent thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=862462

have a look at http://www.wotif.com/ but remember its going to be busy in sydney so i would not leave it late to book

rkmw

Fiona

x

Hi Fiona,

We're staying at the Menzies. It's just about a 10 min walk to the wharf. If you go to their site you'll see they're offering a special rate at the moment of $139 per room including breakfast, That's a really good deal for a nice 4 Star hotel in such a central location. Good luck!

Jen and Gary :)

Hi Fiona,

We're staying at the Menzies. It's just about a 10 min walk to the wharf. If you go to their site you'll see they're offering a special rate at the moment of $139 per room including breakfast, That's a really good deal for a nice 4 Star hotel in such a central location. Good luck!

Jen and Gary :)

I would opt for the Menzies have stayed there and that is a great rate for CBD hotel!!!! Breakfast is worth around $35 anywhere!

I just changed my booking to get the opening special at the Ibis King Street Wharf hotel which was as someone on here told me, $99.

As far as I can tell, these rooms sleep a max of 3. Does anyone have more info if they have any larger ones.

The OP would need to book two rooms if they sleep a maximum of 3.

As far as I can tell, these rooms sleep a max of 3. Does anyone have more info if they have any larger ones.

The OP would need to book two rooms if they sleep a maximum of 3.

And go outside to change their mind...Ibis is Ok but very very small if the same as other Ibis hotels plus you have to pay for breakfast which from memory is around $25

And go outside to change their mind...Ibis is Ok but very very small if the same as other Ibis hotels plus you have to pay for breakfast which from memory is around $25

Not my personal choice either. When we stay in Sydney, we prefer elbowroom and a view of Sydney Harbour. Costs us at least double as these places, but it is usually one of the highlights of the stay.

We stayed in Ibis once in Darling Harbour when it was pretty new. Too small for a holiday, but was ample for a sleep and shower on an overnighter. I did trip over our daughters cot during the night though.

The brekkies are $20ea when ordered with the booking. There is always a Maccas or a coffee shop nearby for a much cheaper version though.

I agree with The Menzies. I have just booked my sister and her 3 kids there (aged 18, 15 & 9) and paid $159 per night for the four of them in a room with 2 double beds and breakfast for all 4 each morning.

They currently have a deal running (from $139p/n) with breakfast included for 2 adults and 2 children aged 16 and under stay and get breakfast for free. It's a 4 star property with the Wynyard train station almost underneath. I haven't seen another deal that good. It may not be the poshest hotel in town but the location is great...and so is the deal...just pretend your older child is 15y.o. ;)

Thank you sooooo much everyone, this really is the best site, I am having great fun with it. will check out Menzies now and book if I can, will let u no how I go. I feel like the kids on their msn or facebook or whatever. Thanks again, will talk soon

Fiona

x

You're welcome! Good luck with your booking.

Jen :)

Hi there, thank you everyone so much, I booked at the Menzies and you were right, it was $139 which inc full buffet breakfasts, thought it was too cheap and especially that time of year most places have min 3 night stay or really expensive, so I rang as well to make sure it was right and I also told little fib and said daughter was 15, well she was up until last month. So, if anyone else out there wanting to know it was definatly $139.00 for the 4 of us and kida u/16 free, including 4 buffet breakfasts again u/16 free. Only thing was that you have to pay in full for it now which is fine, was expecting too anyway and you have to be an anz customer or have a anz visa/mastercard etc...... thanks again to all.

Fiona

x

Only thing was that you have to pay in full for it now which is fine, was expecting too anyway and you have to be an anz customer or have a anz visa/mastercard etc...... thanks again to all.

Fiona

x

Hi Fiona,

Glad you got the deal...it's a pretty good one, isn't it? I booked direct on their website and paid with my AMEX, so you anyone out there who doesn't have an ANZ card...you need not worry...

Hi Fiona

You will love the Menzies. I have spent a lot of time there and it is a great place to stay, very central to everything, right across the road from Wynard Station. The rooms are lovely, the breakfast is an all you can eat hot and cold breakfast. There is an indoor pool, spa and gym as well and the service there is great, they allow you to check in early as long as the room is ready and they will mind your bags for you until whatever time you want. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff The reason it is so reasonably priced at that time of the year is that it is mainly used by a lot of overseas business people and they are on holidays at that time, so it is great for the rest of us.:D I have stayed there before with two teenagers and they loved it and cant wait to get back there. Matter a fact we are spending a couple of nights there after our cruise and they seem to be just as excited about that as they are the cruise.;) I think you will be pleased with your choice.

Archived