Just back from the Marqueses - Tahitian Princess

packed-n-ready

Oh sorry about that. I didn't know you already had Marie.

We had the best time with her. If she doesn't understand what you are saying she will stop in the middle of the road and have you explain it. 7 hours went by so quickly that we made the last tender by 5 minutes.

Be sure to stop for lunch it was very good. I told her that I would recommend

her when I got home. Be sure to tell her Benita and Kevin (and Jane and Kim)

from San Diego said hello.

Thank you for you recommendation on the hotels. I received a good rate for the Radisson and I will see if I can get a decent rate for the Beachcombers based on your suggestion. Thus far, I have not been successful, I will try the Priority Club suggestions.

When I checked in at the ICBC I received an up graded room. My girlfriend didn't join the club but got the same rate as me and she didn't get the upgrade. My room was larger and had a hugh bathroom with seperate shower and huge 2 person tub. Very nice. So I think joining the club must have helped me to get the upgrade.

Benni,

Thank you for your help and suggestions concerning the Radisson and Beachcomber. I was thinking about switching based on positive comments concerning the Beachcomber, but since you were at both locations, you suggestion pushed me over the edge. (It was hard to get feedback on the new Radisson.) Nothing like a suggestion from someone who has been to both and would select one over the other. I booked the room at the Beachcomber and cancelled my Radisson reservations. I booked a Panaramic view room. It was actually a little less than my ocean view suite room at the Radisson. My wife and I are looking forward to spending some time in a nice resort before our cruise. Your suggestion will make it even better. This will be our second cruise to the FP. Our first in 2000 has been our favorite.

Thank you for coming back from your cruise and provided your input to people like me. It is greatly appreciated. This message board is very helpful.

Jogoffee,

From the Beach comber you can catch the Le Truck into town (130 in French Franks only) each way. We shopped at the Marche and also bought sandwiches and chicken to take back to our room (we had a refridgerator). Much cheaper,

as each item was only a dollor or two. Then we ate out on our balcony which had a table and chairs with a beautiful view.

The BC is also very close to the airport. Its just a few minutes away.

Are you going on the Cook or Marqueses itenerary?

Good advice and suggestions. We are doing the Marqueses, just like you. The last time it was just the FP, so we are looking forward to three new islands for us on this cruise, Rangiroa, Nuku Hiva, and Hiva Oa. The last time Bora Bora and Moorea were our favorites. The cruise should be really great and we loved the ship and the room. We are staying on deck 8, the same as last time.

Thanks again. I am sure that I will have some additional questions as the time gets near.

Archived