Does anyone know where the Titanic is?

brazilgirl

I have been planning our trip for months and my kids´dream is to visit the Titanic Museum.

It seems to have disappeared.Great disappointment for the kids!

I read that had moved to the Science Center , but I visited its site and nothing.

Any idea what happened , Orlando lovers?

Kim

I don't know about a permanent museum. You may be thinking of the Titanic Exhibit which travels from place to place; like the King Tut Exhibit. We saw the Titanic Exhibit here in Dallas at Fair Park several years ago. This summer I noticed it was in Texas again, in Houston I think it was.

There was a Titanic Museum in Orlando- it was permanent....you can still find a few things about it online.It was still open until a few months ago.

Today I went to purchase tickets online and it was gone.

I read on Tripadvisor that it moved to the Science Center , but doesn´t seem to be true.

Celebrat-

Cute answer!LOL!

Kim

There is, or at least was. a museum dedicated to the Titanic in Halifax Nova Scotia. We, the family, visited in Aug 2001 on a cruise out of NYC. I found it quite interesting. They even had an original deck chair on display.

OK--the title of your post made me laugh, and I just wanted to be silly and respond with:

"Duhhhh--The Titanic is in the bottom of the ocean!"

We used to have a Titanic museum here in Orlando. But it has since closed up.

CeleBrat

Yes, the Titanic lies under 12,000 ft of water about 1,000 miles east of Boston or 375 miles southeast of St. John's, Newfoundland. Not aware of any cruise ships that make a stop there though... :)

Yes, the Titanic lies under 12,000 ft of water about 1,000 miles east of Boston or 375 miles southeast of St. John's, Newfoundland. Not aware of any cruise ships that make a stop there though... :)

Too funny; I also found the thread title confusing.

There is, or at least was. a museum dedicated to the Titanic in Halifax Nova Scotia. We, the family, visited in Aug 2001 on a cruise out of NYC. I found it quite interesting. They even had an original deck chair on display.

It's still there - The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic.

Glad my title brought humor to the the boards! The original title was to be "Does anyone know where the Titanic MUSEUM is currently , but alas it didn´t fit.

Actually there are a few Titanic museums -one is the Branson (sp?) ...I am just trying to find the one that was in Orlando until about 4/5 months ago.That is what happens when you plan too far ahead!

Kim

Archived