Amazon Boudica

Dinkey

Sailed on the Braemar before being stretched and on the Balmoral. Now thinking of booking the Amazon on the Boudica and wondering if the ship is a bit on the small side?

Also has anyone done the Amazon?? Completely different type of itinery for us and think it will be a once in a lifetime experience??

Any reviews or comments will be mostly appreciated.

Dinkey

• 3 weeks later...

I am also thinking about the Amazon cruise. The itinerary looks like a good mix of (hopefully) peaceful days at sea, and then interesting stops in the Amazon. Has anyone booked with Fred Olsen from the US? I sent an e-mail to my travel agent but she has not got back to me as yet.

It looks like a great trip, and I would love to do a smaller ship again, but my plans may be scuttled by not being able to take the extra time off work.:(

First of all the "Boudicca" is a lovely ship. The trip to the Amazon is really great especially if you take advantage of the shore tours. I stayed overnight in the jungle in a tree-top lodge and went alligator hunting in the dark. We also had geat fun pirhana fishing. It is absolutely essential to go ashore for there is little to see from the ship. The whole experience was unforgettable. My trip was on the "Black Prince" and was a round trip from Southampton. I suppose with the departure of the old lady such opporunities will disappear.

Fred. Olsen 23 cruises

P&O 2

Cunard 1

Anchor Line 1

Archived