Hunky Dory Is Alive and Well!

bobmagg

Just got back from a Zuiderdam cruise (Nov 9-19) and Hunky Dory was at his usual place in the Lido dining room handing out trays in the Bistro line.

I approached Hunky Dory with the question, "We have not sailed together for 5 years, do you remember my name?"

He answered, "I want to say 'Bob'."

And he was right on! Can you imagine after 5 years and the thousands he has met on HAL, he remembered!

He is remarkable!!

The attached thumbnail is a pic of Hunky Dory with my wife and daughters.

Bob

IMG_5885.jpg.8dfa9b28182f4091155ddafed4fff3b4.jpg

So, Bob, did you enjoy the 3 AM ship-wide chat with the captain? :D

We certainly had it all on this cruise with the norovirus, the helicopter medevac and the 3 AM fire alarm.

We were told by a crew member (at lunch the next day) that some people didn't hear the fire alarm. It practically blew me "off the bed".

So, Bob, did you enjoy the 3 AM ship-wide chat with the captain? :D

We certainly had it all on this cruise with the norovirus, the helicopter medevac and the 3 AM fire alarm.

And we are were on the shore excursion in Panama that was late getting back to the ship and delayed the departure.

Yes, this cruise had many distractions, but it was still fun!

Bob

That 3 am fire alarm got me thinking.. what if it happened the night before and it wasn't just a fire in the engine smoke box... if you remember the muster wasn't held until the next morning at 10:30 I think that was a little irresponsible by the powers at large..... also don'tt forget we missed HMC in addition to the other events. Barry

My first memory of Hunky Dory is on our first cruie 12/05 on the Zuiderdam. We were having our first meal in the Lido and he kept calling people by name. Hello ........, hello ............ it's me Hunky Dory. I just could not believe he would know that many people by name on the first day of the cruise. Everyone seemed happy to see him again. It was a wonderful start to my first cruising experinence.

Archived