Rick Steves Podcast Walking Tours - Italy & France

We used Rick Steves podcast walking tours last month when visiting Rome for a few days pre-cruise, and found them to be an excellent way to tour the Colosseum, Forum, Pantheon, St. Peter's Basilica and Sistine Chapel. They were easy to follow, informative and entertaining ... he does it in combination with a local guide. He also provides a map in PDF format to accompany the podcast ... and it's all free by downloading it from: http://www.ricksteves.com/news/podcast_menu.htm

He also has podcast walking tours for Florence, Venice and France.

I finally got my first Ipod a few months ago. Unfortunately, our France land trip was last year and our Italy land trip was the year before that.

I'm a huge Rick Steves' guidebook fan, and I enthusiastically endorse his two guidebooks for Paris and France which helped us to have a wonderful two-week trip to Normandy, the Loire Valley, and Paris. And we used three of his books the year before that to work our way from Venice to Florence to Siena to Assisi to Rome.

And of course we used his Istanbul book for our fantastic four-day pre-cruise stay there in September.

Guess we'll just have to return to both France and Italy sooner rather than later!:D

Yesterday, I ordered Rick Steves' complete TV shows DVDs, 82 of them, including 12 newest shows. The price is $49.95 (on Rick Steves' web site) . I think it's great deal.

I watched several shows on our local PBA, very informative. Now, I can watch them whenever I want to and help me decide where we should go.

Archived