Any new sales coming from Carnival ?

mr jailerman

Hi all.. I like most people here at cruisecritic DON'T get the latest sales promotions from Carnival since I have a cruise booked already with them. Are their any "ONE DAY" or "SPECIAL EVENT" sales coming up in the near future ? As always, Thanks for your time information and have a great day..:)

Hi all.. I like most people here at cruisecritic DON'T get the latest sales promotions from Carnival since I have a cruise booked already with them. Are their any "ONE DAY" or "SPECIAL EVENT" sales coming up in the near future ? As always, Thanks for your time information and have a great day..:)

There was a sale this past week..

At this point the next big sale might be the 12 days of Christmas. Might be some great deals..time will tell.

12 days of Christmas sale is always a good one

Seems like they never have enough space in those though-

if you dont call quick enough ... the space will be gone

If I remember well from last year

I wasnt lucky at all last year , for that

was anyone else ?

I wish they did a BLACK FRIDAY one ...;)

can you imagine ?:D

I jumped on that last sale

think I did pretty good getting upgrades

just have to wait for the price to go down now

to get some Credit !!:cool:

If you don't mind being bombarded with email, then sign up with a bunch of different on line TA's and you will get sales sent to you daily.

I have gotten my best deals when new sailings were open for booking and I got email from an on line agency with great opening prices.

If you don't mind being bombarded with email, then sign up with a bunch of different on line TA's and you will get sales sent to you daily.

I have gotten my best deals when new sailings were open for booking and I got email from an on line agency with great opening prices.

Ya it's all good as long as they don't go out of business.....

Ya it's all good as long as they don't go out of business.....

You are such a ray of sunshine, aren't you???

Yup. Any of the online TA's can go out of business as can any of the brick and mortar ones.

OP...there are excellent on line booking agencies out there with seals of approval from the BBB.

Yes, nothing is guaranteed in this economy or in this life for that matter but I have had nothing but success with each and every one of my cruises as booked through multiple on line agencies.

Juts be sure when booking to ask questions.

Penalties for cancellation?

Price guarantees?

Make sure you do some investigation prior to booking and you'll be fine. ;)

CVC had seals from the BBB. They ran off and stole so many people's money. What's up with that? :eek:

You're right...I guess approval from BBB doesn't mean squat if you're going out of business.

But did people lose money or did their bookings get transferred to a different agency?? I know which agency you rae speaking of...saw the initial posts when it closed but haven't seen any since. I assumed everyones bookings were just moved.

I used an agency that closed it doors this year as well. I was notified before hand and my booking went as is, to another agency and everything is fine with it.

No problems.

IN FACT the new agency saw my cruise rate had gone down and gave me OBC.

CVC had seals from the BBB. They ran off and stole so many people's money. What's up with that? :eek:

I almost booked my last Carnival cruise with them as they were going to knock off an extra $60.00 on my Cat 12 I was booking on the Inspiration. Since I had not ever heard from them prior to seeing them advertise here on cruisecritic, I booked direct with Carnival and skipped the Savings.

You're right...I guess approval from BBB doesn't mean squat if you're going out of business.

But did people lose money or did their bookings get transferred to a different agency?? I know which agency you rae speaking of...saw the initial posts when it closed but haven't seen any since. I assumed everyones bookings were just moved.

here is the story

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2934

BBB is not the best source for checking out an online agency or even a brick and mortar.... If they are not a paid MEMBER of this organization, the BBB is pretty much a useless source to verify an agency that is not a member.

I would make certain any agency you are working with is a member of CLIA, ASTA or various cruise consortiums....then of course before providing that good ol' plastic card to them, check out all their possible add on fees for cancellations, changes, honoring lower rates if applicable to your sailing, etc.....

Also, to anyone out there, if you or your spouse is an airline employee (retired or active) or military (retired or active) you DEFINITELY can get some good deals on cruise prices! Just an FYI for anyone who didn't know this already.

Also, to anyone out there, if you or your spouse is an airline employee (retired or active) or military (retired or active) you DEFINITELY can get some good deals on cruise prices! Just an FYI for anyone who didn't know this already.

To bad that does not include Police and Firefighters as it does with Carnival owned "Holland America". I know SEVERAL people that would be interested in those discounts..

12 days of Christmas sale is always a good one

Seems like they never have enough space in those though-

if you dont call quick enough ... the space will be gone

If I remember well from last year

I wasnt lucky at all last year , for that

was anyone else ?

I wish they did a BLACK FRIDAY one ...;)

can you imagine ?:D

I jumped on that last sale

think I did pretty good getting upgrades

just have to wait for the price to go down now

to get some Credit !!:cool:

Refresh my memory ?? What kind of sales were on last years 12 days of christmas ? Upgrades ? OBC ? I really don't remember ?? Thanks.:)

Refresh my memory ?? What kind of sales were on last years 12 days of christmas ? Upgrades ? OBC ? I really don't remember ?? Thanks.:)

This is the one from 2006..I will see if I can find the 2007 sale info

12/04/2006

MIAMI – Carnival Cruise Lines will launch a new sales promotion – the "12 Days of Christmas" – offering a special deal on "Fun Ship" cruises each day between Dec. 3-14, 2006.

The new promotion includes discounts, shipboard credits and upgrades on a wide range of three- to eight-day "Fun Ship" departures to the Bahamas, Caribbean, and Mexico, along with a different pricing promotion each day.

Upcoming offers for the "12 Days of Christmas" sales event include:

Dec. 3 - Up to $200 on-board credit per stateroom on Caribbean sailings

Dec. 4 - Save up to $200 per stateroom on winter sailings

Dec. 5 - Save up to $300 on family bookings on summer sailings

Dec. 6 - Save up to $100 on weekend getaways

Dec. 7 - Upgrade offer on winter and spring sailings

Dec. 8 - Up to $200 on-board credit per stateroom on winter and spring sailings

Dec. 9 - Best available upgrades on fall sailings

Dec. 10 - Save up to $300 on family bookings on spring sailings

Dec. 11 - Save up to $200 per stateroom on winter sailings

Dec. 12 - Save up to $200 per stateroom on summer sailings

Dec. 13 - Best available upgrades on three- to five-day winter sailings

Dec. 14 - Save up to $200 per stateroom on virtually all 2007 sailings

This is the one from 2006..I will see if I can find the 2007 sale info

12/04/2006

MIAMI – Carnival Cruise Lines will launch a new sales promotion – the "12 Days of Christmas" – offering a special deal on "Fun Ship" cruises each day between Dec. 3-14, 2006.

The new promotion includes discounts, shipboard credits and upgrades on a wide range of three- to eight-day "Fun Ship" departures to the Bahamas, Caribbean, and Mexico, along with a different pricing promotion each day.

Upcoming offers for the "12 Days of Christmas" sales event include:

Dec. 3 - Up to $200 on-board credit per stateroom on Caribbean sailings

Dec. 4 - Save up to $200 per stateroom on winter sailings

Dec. 5 - Save up to $300 on family bookings on summer sailings

Dec. 6 - Save up to $100 on weekend getaways

Dec. 7 - Upgrade offer on winter and spring sailings

Dec. 8 - Up to $200 on-board credit per stateroom on winter and spring sailings

Dec. 9 - Best available upgrades on fall sailings

Dec. 10 - Save up to $300 on family bookings on spring sailings

Dec. 11 - Save up to $200 per stateroom on winter sailings

Dec. 12 - Save up to $200 per stateroom on summer sailings

Dec. 13 - Best available upgrades on three- to five-day winter sailings

Dec. 14 - Save up to $200 per stateroom on virtually all 2007 sailings

Whow ! Thanks.. Hopefully in this slugish economy we will see the same or better sales here in the next few weeks. Thanks once more..:)

Could you take advantage of more than one of those? for instance, the Dec 3 $200 per room credit, and then the Dec 14 up to $200 per room discount? Or would those be the same thing? Either way that would be great!

Well another week or so we should be able to find out as this sale starts in early December in years past. We shall see..

Could you take advantage of more than one of those? for instance, the Dec 3 $200 per room credit, and then the Dec 14 up to $200 per room discount? Or would those be the same thing? Either way that would be great!

You wouldnt be able to take advantage of both a Dec 3rd and a Dec 4th promo and put them together, new bookings only or some such.

I found I couldnt find ANY sales that I could use. Almost none applied to Galveston last year, very very restrictive.

For instance one day might be 3 ships out of Florida the special applied to. The year before was better, but last years stunk big time.

I finally gave up and booked full price and it just happened to be the crazies cruise date almost so changed by 2 weeks rather than pay my TA a fee to cancel. So booking after the sale even came back to bite me. I would rather have booked thru CC.

I was pretty put off by last years christmas sale, dont get too excited, you will just feel let down if nothing applies you want.

They also have special prices you call in for at a certain time like 2 pm EST. They will have 5 at that price and maybe 5000 trying to call in. Its like trying to win the lottery, your chances of getting those prices. I think so many of us called in to complain, hopefully this year they will do better. Lots of hard feelings last year.

You wouldnt be able to take advantage of both a Dec 3rd and a Dec 4th promo and put them together, new bookings only or some such.

I found I couldnt find ANY sales that I could use. Almost none applied to Galveston last year, very very restrictive.

For instance one day might be 3 ships out of Florida the special applied to. The year before was better, but last years stunk big time.

I finally gave up and booked full price and it just happened to be the crazies cruise date almost so changed by 2 weeks rather than pay my TA a fee to cancel. So booking after the sale even came back to bite me. I would rather have booked thru CC.

I was pretty put off by last years christmas sale, dont get too excited, you will just feel let down if nothing applies you want.

They also have special prices you call in for at a certain time like 2 pm EST. They will have 5 at that price and maybe 5000 trying to call in. Its like trying to win the lottery, your chances of getting those prices. I think so many of us called in to complain, hopefully this year they will do better. Lots of hard feelings last year.

Now that you mention it, I do remember people complaining BIG TIME about last years sales..

Archived