Roaming Gnomes (or other such objects)

santanna

DH and I are taking our gnome "G" on our cruise this month. We have sunglasses for him and are packing a tie (for elegant night, of course), a life preserver (NO ONE in our party is allowed to miss the muster drill!!!) and are hoping to find a Hawaiian print shirt for him to wear around the ship. I know people are going to think we are absolutely bonkers but we think it's going to be hilarious. And we can add another chapeter to his personal photo albulm. Yep, he was gnome-napped when we were on our honeymoon and taken on a whirlwind tour of Mexico.

• 9 months later...

My parents have Teddy and my Brother has Jokie the Polar Bear. It's been fascinating learning that my family is not the only one who takes "animal companions" on trips and even writes updates from "their perspective". I will have to think of 'who' I am going to take along with us on our trip....:)

El Tigre has been on two cruises and loved both of them. He is the fellow in my avatar photo and signature. El Tigre made lots of friends while cruising. He had a very nice wardrobe courtesy of many of my friends including a bow tie for formal night and a "first mate" shirt!

He's glad that he's not the only one who loves to travel!

(Here he is enjoying a formal night dinner!)

403.jpg.44c03d5c126373742a0a87ecb958f06e.jpg

El Tigre looks very dignified and handsome in his tartan bowtie, with his plate of seafood set before him!;)

Dear Madam Cloudshoveller

El Tigre was so pleased by your compliment! He hopes to meet you, Teddy, Jokie and the rest of your family on a cruise in the future.

Thank you very much - Sonia on behalf of El Tigre

HPIM2374.jpg.6d9db2b03757d730498994676be80f16.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ship table light........Abducted by Aliens!

monkey-abduction1.jpg

Sun Wukong is our travel monkey...........Last year he was in Hawaii, Alaska, China, Mexico, Canada and is looking forward to Panama Canal and Costa Rica for a (family reunion). He makes friends with humans on every cruise and he had many requests to be friends on Facebook with them. So he has his own FB Page.

muster-drill2.jpg

i have a gajillion stuffed animals in the house.. Obviously, from my username, you can guess most of them are bunnies.

I have wanted to take one of the bunnies on the trip with us but we don't have a daughter, neice/nephew, grandchild we can say we're doing this for. Won't ppl just think we've lost it??

i have a gajillion stuffed animals in the house.. Obviously, from my username, you can guess most of them are bunnies.

I have wanted to take one of the bunnies on the trip with us but we don't have a daughter, neice/nephew, grandchild we can say we're doing this for. Won't ppl just think we've lost it??

Don't worry at all. We tell people that we are Floppy Bunny's pets and that he brings us along on his world travels. Most people thinks its a riot, and the ones that don't, so what. Its our vacation and if we want to bring a stuffed traveling companion along, we will.

Here is Floppy Bunny and his pal Ping at the Leaning Tower in Pisa.

FP@Pisa.jpg.c2e825b79a6f4cfe21981fea7396bbd0.jpg

LOLOL. isn't that how it's supposed to be? our pets actually rule the roost. lolol

We have 2 identical bunnies that we've decided to take. I found some doll clothes for them and while i have to stuff them in like sausages, they fit. sorta lol

Did floppy bunny go with you at all times on the cruise? Floofytail & Fuzzybutt are going to be doing video blogging each day for friends/family/message boards. We weren't going to take our laptop but i just can't resist editing and uploading the blogs in real time.

LOLOL. isn't that how it's supposed to be? our pets actually rule the roost. lolol

Did floppy bunny go with you at all times on the cruise? Floofytail & Fuzzybutt are going to be doing video blogging each day for friends/family/message boards. We weren't going to take our laptop but i just can't resist editing and uploading the blogs in real time.

Yes, he goes on all our vacations since Santa Claus deposited him into my stocking 10 years ago. He also brings along selected members of his sizable gang with him. Just some of the places he's been is:

England, Belguim, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungrary, Austria, Italy, Malta, Greece, France, Holland, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rico, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Panama Canal, Disney World, .....

The biggest issue we have is finding souvenir T-Shirts/hats in his size. They are really hard to acquire. We are leaving Thursday for a 12 Day Baltic Adventure on the Eurodam, so he'll add a bunch more countries to his travels.

Currently one of my works in progress is the 'Floppy Bunny and Friends Travel the World' Site. No estimate completion date, as I have to work on it during my copious amounts of free time :p.

Cheers,

Love the pictures! :D Thanks for sharing!

Three years ago I took a business trip to China and my DD (11 at the time) sent along Joey with me so I "wouldn't forget her." I had promised her I would send her a picture everyday, but didn't tell her they would be pictures of Joey. She was especially delighted by the picture of Joey on the Great Wall. :D

Since then, Joey has gone on every business trip with me and all our vacations. He'll accompany us on our Mexican Riviera cruise in August. So far he's been to China, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman (and other Caribbean ports), Miami, Dallas, New York City, Phoenix, Santa Clara, Anchorage, Sitka, Juneau, Ketchikan and I'm sure I'm forgetting some!

Here are a few pictures of Joey from our last cruise:

Joey on our Prince William Sound glacier tour

Joey on a tour

Joey rides a towel elephant

:D:D

We have an 8 inch plastic rat that we take with us at Halloween when we cruise. We don't carry him around. We leave him at different places and in different situations around our door. Please keep in mind that we decorate our door big time for Halloween, as well as the inside of our cabin.

This last cruise was the first time we took him. He ended up getting squeaked more times than you would believe, moved more times than not, he ended up disappearing for a night, but returned after a mysterious note was placed on our door...and a little boy that a few doors down looked forward to seeing him every time he'd walk by and was heart broken when the rat turned up missing. Personally, I think it was an "inside" job with one of friends. LOL.

Archived