Itinerary Change--Nautica

Bruin Steve

I just posted this earlier today on the roll call, but, in the interest of anyone considering this or similar itineraries, I figured this may be interesting to a slightly wider audience--Oceania has changed our itinerary from 2 days with an overnight in Haifa to one in Ashdod and one in Haifa--8 am to 8 pm in each port.

I believe this is actually an improvement...Ashdod is just South of Tel Aviv and a fairly short drive to Jerusalem...Haifa is way in the North of Israel...Israel is a fairly small country and you can really get anywhere from either port, but it does save a little driving time in both directions assuming one would have spent at least one of those days in Jerusalem and/or Tel Aviv...

One could spend a night off the ship--however, again, it's such a small country and hotels can be quite expensive...Getting back to the ship for an 8 pm sailaway in Ashdod is a lot closer than getting back to the ship in Haifa...

I just got a notice from Oceania through my travel agent:

Dear Guest and Travel Agent,

Upon review of the itinerary for your upcoming voyage on Nautica that departs on June 27, 2009, based on feedback we have received from our guests, we have taken the opportunity to add Ashdod, Israel to the itinerary to provide you with a more enriching destination experience. Ashdod is much closer to Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho, Tel Aviv, the Dead Sea and the Salt Pools than Haifa. It is even possible to tour as far afield as Eilat, Petra and Aqaba.

All individual shore excursions and packages are in the process of being revised to coordinate with the new itinerary and we will be offering a wide variety of tour options for the two days you are in Israel. Should you have any questions on your upcoming voyage aboard Nautica, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-531-5658.

Arrival and Departure times have been changed from:

July 5, 2009 - Haifa, Israel - 8:00 am arrival

July 6, 2009 - Haifa, Israel - 8:00 pm departure

Arrival and Departure times have been changed to:

July 5, 2009 - Ashdod, Israel - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm

July 6, 2009 - Haifa, Israel - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm

Sincerely,

Oceania cruises

Archived