Empress of the Seas query

payman

After being on the Voyager, Explorer and Radiance of the Seas, I am proposing

a trip on the Empress of the Seas next March. Can anyone enlighten me on the

size of the cabins - category H is only available. Any feedback on dining room

service, meals etc. would be helpful. How good is the on-board entertainment?

Has anyone flown from the U K (London)to San Juan?

After being on the Voyager, Explorer and Radiance of the Seas, I am proposing

a trip on the Empress of the Seas next March. Can anyone enlighten me on the

size of the cabins - category H is only available. Any feedback on dining room

service, meals etc. would be helpful. How good is the on-board entertainment?

Has anyone flown from the U K (London)to San Juan?

Hi, I am booked on the 11 night cruise last months (about 4 months from our sail date), and the only thing that I can tell you is: book quickly! It might just be because of our extended 11-night itinerary, but we got the last 2 rooms on the ship. And, as a result, we were stuck w/ a K - interior room :(.

Also, I hear that the rooms (all of them) are SMALL - quite smaller than any other ships' rooms.

Hi!

We are booked on the 3-14-05 sailing. What dates are you guys sailing? I have started a roll call for our cruise, but so far...no one has responded.

We have sailed on the Empress 3 times and this will be our 4th. Yes, the cabins are tiny. We booked Z inside, so you know we're in a broom closet! We just laugh about it. We've had a wonderful time every time we've been on the Empress so the small cabins don't bother us. We just sleep and change clothes there.

If anyone is doing the 3-14 sailing please let me know. I saw on the RCI website that 6 people were signed up for the M&M. They just haven't found my roll call yet.

Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=88635

Hope to hear from someone.

Just a quick thought. Though I have not sailed on this ship, my sister has. She can compare cabins as she has sailed on the Grand Princess and the Explorer and the Enchantement. My sister had an inside cabin and found it to be extremely small. She sailed solo too. The ship is a good ship and the staff is very friendly and the service is good. I was looking at booking a Junior Suite on it but changed to a Juniour Suite of the Vision as the cabin size on the Empress is very small and would be quite tight for my, wife and her Mum.

My sister's daughter works on the ship and in February will be finishing a 8 month stint. She is very happy with the ship. Her last assignment was on the Explorer for 6 months. However if you like the itineiry and you like a smaller ship, then this is the ship for you.

Cheers

Click on the below website and it will take you to a picture and information about the H cabins.

When I knew I wanted to sail the Empress, I read up on all the posting from previous cruisers on here. Almost all of it was very positive. They said the meals and the service was far better than on the bigger ships.

We have also sailed the larger RCCL ships as you have.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do;jsessionid=0000V2hvJ4rZYGCIaz_RuyCddzH:v29bc4qk?shipCode=NE&cabincls=O&cabinType=SO

Hi!

Where did you all go?

Once again, we have only had wonderful service and wonderful meals on this ship. As a matter of fact we had the same waiter on this ship two times in a row and he was the best! We also ate at the Captain's table on one of our Empress cruises and they really did it right! Yes, the cabins are very small, but this itinerary is so different. We wanted some new places to go.

Are there any others sailing in March out there?

We were on the Empress last month to Bermuda and loved the ship.

Yes the cabins are TINY and you will be fine with two. Storage space is more than sufficient with closet space with shelves, shelves about TV and plenty in the small bathroom.

The cruise is fantastic!!! They have a great time and we love Darwin at the Schooner Bar and Charmy in Bolero's Lounge. The bartenders even provide entertainment on the pool deck while they showcase their talent of dancing, juggling bottles etc.

I've checked http://www.cruisestateroom.com/RC/nordicempress.htm

and H is outside stateroom with size 139 sq.ft...

Now..we sailed in inside cabin on Splendour of the Seas. It was the same size. I thought it would be too small, but it's very well planned. It even had small couch and table. It felt larger than size indicated.:)

Check this side ....

If you want to see 3D (virtual tour) Check this:

http://www.smillay.cruisesinc.com/travel/cruises/virtual_tours.jsp?pg=4&mediatype=1&ITINERARY_ID=805|NE|||

Archived