Apartments for sale on QE2

Cunard Cruiser

Just read gulf news that there will be apartments for sale on QE2.

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Hotel_and_Tourism/10262415.html

There will also be 130 one-bed, two-bed and three-bed apartments for sale which will range in size from 80 square metres to 250 square metres.

Prices of these apartments are not yet known but being part of Palm Jumeirah and, more specifically, on this historic vessel, they are likely to be just as amazing as the QE2 herself.

Just read gulf news that there will be apartments for sale on QE2.

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Hotel_and_Tourism/10262415.html

There will also be 130 one-bed, two-bed and three-bed apartments for sale which will range in size from 80 square metres to 250 square metres.

Prices of these apartments are not yet known but being part of Palm Jumeirah and, more specifically, on this historic vessel, they are likely to be just as amazing as the QE2 herself.

"The interior will be designed in keeping with how the QE2 looked in her glory days. So there will be an atmosphere of old world glamour."

Swinging-Sixties, Old World Glamour? The revisions begin...Anyone who held out any hope that anything whatsoever on the interior would even faintly resemble QE2 (in any of her remodel incarnations) must surely give up hope now and forever, don't you think?

"The interior will be designed in keeping with how the QE2 looked in her glory days. So there will be an atmosphere of old world glamour."

Swinging-Sixties, Old World Glamour? The revisions begin...Anyone who held out any hope that anything whatsoever on the interior would even faintly resemble QE2 (in any of her remodel incarnations) must surely give up hope now and forever, don't you think?

I find the excesses unconscionable. I could maybe excuse a bit of it, if Dubai's goals were to build an accurate recreation of the famed QE2, so as to present a true heritage of the icon. But to spend exorbitant amounts of money to build just another Dubai hotel, using the ship as a gimmick to draw its customers, with no regard to its history or respect for those who built, traveled on and so loved the QE2 is morally unacceptable. Perhaps if Dubai can't find enough places for its money, it could take a part of that spent on such gaudy excesses and place it where it could do a great deal of good--in some of its neighbors third world countries, where poverty, starvation and wars are the norm. Places where Dubai could make a real difference.

Money Talks

New Money Talks Very Loudly

Usually in appalling bad taste

Yes, I agree, the money has talked with appallingly bad taste, but to what end? Certainly, they are showing little or no respect for anyone who has had anything to do with the QE2. Just as there has been little or no respect for the workers who have built their golden colossal oasis in the sand. Could it be that lack of respect and arrogance for others could be the driving force behind their extravagant purchase?

You all probably have seen this interview of Manfred Ursprunger and the future home of Hotel QE2. In case not...

http://www.ameinfo.com/176927.html

I think you are all going to have to visit the Hotel QE2 Im sure the ship will breathe a sigh of relief to have genuine friends aboard but mind, you can check out any time you like but you will never leave.

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair

Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air

Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light

My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim

I had to stop for the night

There she stood in the doorway;

I heard the mission bell

And I was thinking to myself,

this could be heaven or this could be hell

Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way

There were voices down the corridor,

I thought I heard them say...