Inspiration questions from an absentee CCL cruiser

JennKach

Hi Everyone,

I've been away from Carnival for a few years and have a few questions. Since I'm organizing and "leading" a group cruise, I want to cover all bases and have my guests prepared. We will be chaperoning a small group of high school seniors on spring break for the four day that visits Cozumel. The boards have provided a great refresher course and several things have really changed! These are the things I hadn't readily been able to answer:

1) Do the showers have soap and shampoo dispensers or should they bring their own?

2) There will be a couple kids still 17 yo at time of sailing. Are the nightclub and late night comedy venue super strict on checking ID for entry? I'm not worried about drinking, but it would be disappointing if some of them couldn't hang with their friends after 10:45pm.

3) What times does the buffet serve breakfast until? I can't imagine many of them making formal breakfast since they want early seating for dinner:)

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I've been away from Carnival for a few years and have a few questions. Since I'm organizing and "leading" a group cruise, I want to cover all bases and have my guests prepared. We will be chaperoning a small group of high school seniors on spring break for the four day that visits Cozumel. The boards have provided a great refresher course and several things have really changed! These are the things I hadn't readily been able to answer:

1) Do the showers have soap and shampoo dispensers or should they bring their own?

2) There will be a couple kids still 17 yo at time of sailing. Are the nightclub and late night comedy venue super strict on checking ID for entry? I'm not worried about drinking, but it would be disappointing if some of them couldn't hang with their friends after 10:45pm.

3) What times does the buffet serve breakfast until? I can't imagine many of them making formal breakfast since they want early seating for dinner:)

Thanks!

Are these minors your kids? I would not want to be responsible for a group of 17 yr olds on a cruise without parental supervision :rolleyes:...

They will be able to hang out in 02 ... which is usually open until midnight.

Catrin

The showers have shower gel and shampoo but no conditioner. I personally would bring my own - it's pretty cheap shampoo.

There will be security guards outside the disco asking for IDs. They will not allow under 18s in after 11. They are strict about this and will be more strict due to spring break. As for the comedy club, it will be easier to "sneak" in. They don't have guards outside the show room, but a couple comedians have asked for the house lights to be turned on and they won't proceed until the under 18s have left - they have targeted some kids. I guess they don't feel comfortable doing their R-rated routine in front of kids under 18.

Breakfast was served in the buffet until 10:30.

You're a very brave person :)

Thanks for the answers. We've known the kids for years and they're a close knit group that never gives us any problems. There will be at least one parent per three students, and one of those will be their own child. Given the choice of them going on their own to some all inclusive resort in Mexico, I'll take the cruise! I'm grateful they actually like vacationing with their parents. Some are veteran cruisers already. It should be a lot of fun.

Thanks for the answers. We've known the kids for years and they're a close knit group that never gives us any problems. There will be at least one parent per three students, and one of those will be their own child. Given the choice of them going on their own to some all inclusive resort in Mexico, I'll take the cruise! I'm grateful they actually like vacationing with their parents. Some are veteran cruisers already. It should be a lot of fun.

It will be fine. I think people forget that 18 year olds are going off to college living on their own! I was 18 on my first cruise - went with two friends. And it really wasn't THAT long ago - 1995. Have a great cruise!

Archived