Help with galveston please

THERAPYCRUISE

:oAny advice on transportation to and from the ship would be great. we are planning to fly into houston the night before and flying back same day as cruise docks. I have not been on this cruise so any info would be awesome. This is the western caribbean out of Galveston texas on the Adventure of the seas. :)

:oAny advice on transportation to and from the ship would be great. we are planning to fly into houston the night before and flying back same day as cruise docks. I have not been on this cruise so any info would be awesome. This is the western caribbean out of Galveston texas on the Adventure of the seas. :)

The ship would be Voyager of the Seas.:)

Look into a rental car. I believe Hertz is available on Sunday but I may be incorrect.

Another option would be Galveston Limo which runs a shuttle service that is popular among cruisers.

What time is your return flight and what airport? If you are flying out of Hobby then you are allot closer to the port that if you are flying out of IAH. Go to Galveston.Com for more information and help with transportation.

Dave

The last time we cruised out of Galveston (2 years ago) we were able to get a very good rate from Enterprise Rental Cars. I believe it cost us less than $70 (total cost) and was very convenient. We dropped our luggage at the port, drove to their local office (about 1 mile from the ship) and dropped our car. They than had a free shuttle back to the ship.

Hank

I wouldn't count on rental cars being easy to get in Galveston at this time. One other CC member indicated they tried and nobody had an on-island location open at the time, I have not verified it since I am only about an hour from the port myself...

The shuttle services are probably the best bet if staying at or near the airport or cruise port.

Only 4 weeks from Sunday!!! Yeah!!!

I am also take a Sunday departure cruise out of Galveston in February. We will be flying into IAH the day before the cruise and found there was no where to return the car on Sunday. So we will be parking the car for the week and will have our ride waiting for us when we get back. I think the shuttle alone would have cost us around $200 round trip so for $250 total we can have a way to get around the day before and do some sightseeing. You may even be able to find a better price on the rental than I did. I went through Hotwire. Of course the price dropped after I booked and I'm stuck but I still feel I did alright.

Good Luck!

Janet

According to Hertz, the Hertz office in Galveston will be closed until January 1. After that, it will be open for business, including being open on Sundays from 9 am to 12 noon.

They advise that when you rent one-way elsewhere and drive to Galveston for a cruise, that you should first drop your luggage at the RCI cruise terminal (terminal #2) and then drive to the Hertz office to drop the car off. Then, there is a free shuttle to the cruise terminal, leaving on Sunday mornings at 10:30, 11:30 or 12:30.

When returning from the cruise, there is a free shuttle, leaving continuously, from the cruise terminal to the Hertz office. But again, this is after January 1.

Archived