Carnival Victory 11-2 / 11-9 Review

cruiselover00029

Thank you for your kind words...much appreciated.

I had hernia repair surgery on Fri 20th. :eek: -which has cut my speed and vigor considerably.

Alpmac, I am so sorry to hear you are in pain after surgery. I hope you are you are out and about soon. DH is a doc and could have repaired that enroute to Rockley beach!!!!!. Seriously, mend fast and send us some more beautiful pics of Barbados. Kaboochi.

aplmac:cool:...I am so sorry to hear of your recent health issues. I've had a couple of very good friends who have had to wrestle with hernias in the last couple of months. Very painful.

So I appreciate the pics even more knowing what you were going through! My favs are the Bottom Bay (of course) and St Lucia from the plane shots. Spectacular!

And...just so you know...the snow is now MELTING AWAAAAAY.;)

if and when is the chocolate buffet?

we just got off the ship on sunday....final passengers didnt get off the ship until noonish..disembarking too a long time. we were number 10 group to get off and we didnt get off till 10:30...the chocolate buffet was on saturday afternoon while in port...i heard it wasnt a whole lot to talk about....my sister went to it.

Sorry for your bad luck! Godspeed for a quick recovery! ===> April 21st. is the deadline!

Surely the warm tropical breezes are helpful!:p

Very much so!

Warm tropical conditions?

Beats having post-surgical problems in Toronto -in March!! :eek:

we just got off the ship on sunday....final passengers didnt get off the ship until noonish..disembarking too a long time. we were number 10 group to get off and we didnt get off till 10:30...the chocolate buffet was on saturday afternoon while in port...i heard it wasnt a whole lot to talk about....my sister went to it.

oh gosh, i dont know what to do about out flight! i have seen on past cruises that if you have a plane leaving before so and so time, then you get off earlier, hopefully this is the case?!

and thank you for the chocolate buffet information. We love this, we always find it spectacular, and well, very delicious. glad to know when it is.

oh gosh, i dont know what to do about out flight! i have seen on past cruises that if you have a plane leaving before so and so time, then you get off earlier, hopefully this is the case?!

and thank you for the chocolate buffet information. We love this, we always find it spectacular, and well, very delicious. glad to know when it is.

We were on the Victory 2/01-2/08. My BIL & SIL had a 10:30 am flight. They were among the first ones off the ship and made it with no problems. I think it will just depend on if there are issues in port. If they start debark by 8 am then you should still be ok. DH and I were off by 9:45 and we used luggage express.

• 2 weeks later...

A photographically-inclined friend of mine did the Victory cruise

and kindle left me his stash of Better Shots

to share with you guys, so here we go.

Castries-4.jpg

VICTORY at Castries, St.Lucia

Castries-2.jpg

Another one of VICTORY at Castries, St.Lucia

I'm hoping someone will answer several questions that I am curious to know the answers to. Maybe Aplmac will!

I'm pretty sure I am reading that there is no fridge in our 8A balcony room. True?

Is there still such a thing as the "Grand Gala Midnight Buffet"? How about the chocolate buffet?

The way things look on the itenerary map, we should perhaps get an excellent view of the Pitons as we come to St. Lucia? Our balcony is starboard, which means we should have views of the island as we are coming along - is it worth our time to get up at the crack of dawn to actually be able to view the Pitons from our balcony as we pass by? In other words, will we really have a view? And, if so, does anyone know what time we should try to be out there to see it vs. what time we get into the port? (I know that there have been times on past cruises I have been on where, even though it says we arrive in port at 8am, we actually arrive in port at 7am, etc. so I am curious as to how realistic this will be - I'm doing a tour that is going to take me to see all this stuff anyway, but not from the ocean, and I thought it would be very nice to see it from the calm and quiet in the early morning from the balcony, but probably not if it means getting up at 4am!)

I think I've read that both St. Lucia and Dominica are going to wreck havoc on those with motion sickness. True? I will need to be prepared! I get car sick and I am doing mega-tours in both places!

I'm sure I will come up with more questions, but I think this is enough to get started :)

Thanks,

Kym

• 2 months later...
I'm hoping someone will answer several questions that I am curious to know the answers to.

Maybe Aplmac will!

I'm reading that there is no fridge in our 8A balcony room. True? ===> True. No fridge(not in 6207 or in 6431)

Is there still such a thing as the "Grand Gala Midnight Buffet"?

How about the chocolate buffet? ===> Pretty sure Carnival cancelled the midnight buffet

The way things look on the itenerary map, we should perhaps get an excellent view of the Pitons as we come to St. Lucia?

Our balcony is starboard, which means we should have views of the island as we are coming along

- is it worth our time to get up at the crack of dawn to actually be able to view the Pitons

from our balcony as we pass by? ===> Yes definitely! Sit on your balcony and watch the Pitons sail past!

In other words, will we really have a view? ===> OH Yes..right outside your window!

And, if so, does anyone know what time we should try to be out there to see it

vs. what time we get into the port? ===> About 1 hr. before you dock at Castries.

I think I've read that both St. Lucia and Dominica

are going to wreck havoc on those with motion sickness. True? ===> Windy roads, yes!

I will need to be prepared!

I get car sick and I am doing mega-tours in both places! ===> Prepare thyself!

In order that others might gain from these questions...and answers..

Castriespan.jpg

Castries, St.Lucia

There's this cute little hotel nestled between the Pitons, if you make it that far..

Paradisical.jpg

Archived