name change

chascougs

okay reader's digest version of the soap opera.....Booked and paid for cruise back in May with at the time fiance. She got cold feet and backed out of everything :( Reservation is in my name so paid fee to TA and carnival and got the 2nd name changed, added my brother. Fast forward to the last 3 weeks and guess who and who are talking again and now guess who is back together and that's right, need to change back to original booking....question.....what is the latest (closest to sailing) that you can change the name on the reservation. I am book for Dec 6. Thanks for listening....lol

I have changed names on my client's bookings the day before sailing. There is a charge, and sometimes the cruise line will cooperate.... sometimes not. The incident I am speaking of was in a LARGE group (400+ people)... the rules with individual bookings vs small groups (under 200 p) vs large is considerably different. And the travel agent who booked your cruise is the only person the cruise line will deal with over the issue. It causes a little confusion with the documents... they will have to be pier pickup.

Is she gonna pay the fee that you had to pay to change to your brother, then pay the fee to change back to her again, and pay your poor brother for the emotional roller coaster he's been through (I'm not going on a cruise, yes I am, no I'm not) and pay her own way? If not, I'd take your brother and let the forgiveness start when you get back. But, to answer your question, I think you have to give them a minimum of 72 hours before the cruise. Call now, operators are standing by to take your call..

Is she gonna pay the fee that you had to pay to change to your brother, then pay the fee to change back to her again, and pay your poor brother for the emotional roller coaster he's been through (I'm not going on a cruise, yes I am, no I'm not) and pay her own way? If not, I'd take your brother and let the forgiveness start when you get back. But, to answer your question, I think you have to give them a minimum of 72 hours before the cruise. Call now, operators are standing by to take your call..

LOL, well he really didn't want to go in the first place, had to twist his arm (he's one of those that's never been and has all these preconceived notions) but I'd say the same thing to a friend in my position. Of coarse, I'm much better at giving good advise than actually taking it...LOL...thanks for the help.

How convenient that a few weeks before the planned cruise she gets back with you (instead of shortly after the cruise.) Have you considered that maybe she's using you temporarily to have a nice vacation and then will get cold feet again? I hope not for your sake.

Archived