FTI-Tortola now off itinerary of Jewel

39august

I was browsing the RCI site and brought up my scheduled Sept. 12, 2005 cruise to check the prices. Lo and behold, they have taken Tortola off and added San Juan! I checked all 4 scheduled 10 days from Boston that were to include Bermuda and Tortola, and Tortola is not now on any of them. I wanted so much to see the Baths at Virgin Gorda, which is accesible from Tortola.

We learned of this change when we were onboard the Jewel repositioning cruise last week and are disappointed since we have not yet been to Tortola and have been to San Juan many times. It isn't a deal-breaker though and the Jewel is an absolutely beautiful ship. When you add in the convenience of sailing in and out of Boston, it is an unbeatable combination. Boarding at Black Falcon Pier, the day after the Red Sox won the Series, was about the quickest and smoothest boarding procedure we have ever experienced. We had already booked the October 22, 2005 cruise out of Boston before we sailed and while we were onboard, we booked the westbound transatlantic on the Jewel next year. Looks like we have a lot of Jewels in our future. :) If anyone finds out RCI's rationale for substituting San Juan for Tortola, I would still be interesting in hearing it.

I am also going on the Jewel 10/22/05 and noticed the change in itinerary. I am booked on NCL Dawn 12/9/04 and our last port was supposed to be Tortola. I found out yesterday that they took it off of their itinerary as well. I didn't care too much because I knew we were going to Tortola next October. Now I am really upset.

Nobody knows why they are cancelling Tortola on the Dawn cruise. I would really like to find out.

Archived