HAL - Alcoholic Beverage POLICY

Rafaella

Could someone, please, post HAL's Alcoholic Beverages Policy?

Am I able to bring my wine or champane on board without paying some extra $$$ ?

If I cannot bring my own wine, please, post the BEST advice on this LOVELY and important subject, ;)

Thanks.

PS. Sorry, I could not find the answer to this 1000 X asked question...

Bringing Alcoholic Beverages Onboard

Except for wine and champagne, alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel's shops or otherwise brought on the ship cannot be consumed on the ship. Bottles and other containers will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage.

A corkage fee of US$15.00 applies to wine and champagne brought to the restaurants or bars for consumption.

Room Service offers reduced-price stateroom beverage packages for in-stateroom consumption of alcoholic beverages.

Could someone, please, post HAL's Alcoholic Beverages Policy?

Am I able to bring my wine or champane on board without paying some extra $$$ ?

If I cannot bring my own wine, please, post the BEST advice on this LOVELY and important subject, ;)

Thanks.

PS. Sorry, I could not find the answer to this 1000 X asked question...

You can bring as much wine as you want on board!:D Such a great great thing about HAL!

A fairly new HAL ruling allows you to bring on a six-pack of beer for consumption on board. We like to bring back beer at various ports to try out the local beers. Works for us. ----Penny

I have not seen this one yet? Can you tell me how to verify?

A fairly new HAL ruling allows you to bring on a six-pack of beer for consumption on board. We like to bring back beer at various ports to try out the local beers. Works for us. ----Penny
HOW recent? Who told you this? I specifically asked the Beverage Manager on the Eurodam at our M&G on Oct 15th, and was told that the official policy for HAL is still ONLY wine/champagne is allowed.

There was (is?) apparently an experiment on the Zuiderdam to allow beer to be brought on, and some security people at the gangways on other ships may allow beer to pass despite the official policy ... but unless the "fairly new ruling" has come since Oct 15th, beer is NOT officially allowed. The Beverage Manager said he did not expect the policy to change soon.

We were permitted (in writing in a blurb that was in our cabin when we embraked) to bring beer aboard the Zuiderdam in October in the Med - you'd think that HAL would have the communication skills to indicate that this was a trial effort on the Zuiderdam only for a limited time, if in fact that's what it was. Don't they realize that HAL passengers talk with other HAL passengers?

We were permitted (in writing in a blurb that was in our cabin when we embraked) to bring beer aboard the Zuiderdam in October in the Med - you'd think that HAL would have the communication skills to indicate that this was a trial effort on the Zuiderdam only for a limited time, if in fact that's what it was. Don't they realize that HAL passengers talk with other HAL passengers?

Interesting. Can keg smuggling be far behind?:D

I'd LOVE for them to change the policy so that those of us who enjoy a good stout or ale would have something to drink besides that tasteless swill that they peddle on board.

We were on the Ryndam in Loreto 12 days ago-Nov 14th. Purchased an 8 pac of Pacifico Beer . Placed the beer which was in a plastic grocery bag on the x-ray macine and picked it up after it wenr through. No problem.
I don't doubt that for a second. I have openly brought hard liquor on board at two ports and have not had it taken away. That doesn't change the fact that as far as I know no "fairly new HAL ruling allows you to bring on a six-pack of beer", and the gangway security may take that beer from you if they choose.

FWIW. in the "Welcome Aboard" package I received on the Noordam (Oct 18th sailing) it specifically made mention that both wine and beer were allowed to be brought on board, with no restriction on quantity.

So, this isn't just a Zuiderdam thing, either.

Archived