Air Fair

rick&lin

LOL, well, I've seen some fair airfare prices lately... :D At one time, RDU to LAX was over $800 and I found it recently for $250... so it is starting to come down for some trips, but it will be SLOW... very slow. People traveling by air is down more than 20%, so fares will not be coming down as quickly as you are seeing gas prices coming down, but there are deals to be had if you are flexible... just keep looking. Good luck!!!!

Have you seen air fair drop there prices yet?

Booked the freedom oct.10/09.

Have yet to book air fair,hope prices will drop.

I expect to see further increases in air fare. Demand is still strong and airlines are cutting capacity. Almost all planes are flying full, and as long as that is happening fares are only going up.

I expect to see further increases in air fare. Demand is still strong and airlines are cutting capacity. Almost all planes are flying full, and as long as that is happening fares are only going up.

I think it depends on where you are... here, demand is down 22%. Even for the holidays, 21K fewer people are traveling by air from RDU. The last national report was in August and travel was down 5%, I would imagine it has slumped since then.

Airfare is down about 17% right now, and some analysts said earlier this week they are only expecting about a 7% drop next year. Many will be raising fares just to stay in business. Many will be dropping fares further to increase competition and generate more demand. I think you will see some interesting fare wars in the coming months... many airlines are going to try to keep a lot of the extra profits for themselves, but many of the airlines that are doing better than others, are going to make it MUCH harder for them to do that... Many analysts are predicting that the fares are going to continue to go down. 25% of businesses now have travel restrictions in place in the face of a global economic crisis and you can expect that number to increase... so airlines are going to face a choice... and it's going to be interesting to see how they handle this. Just keep your eye out :)

Demand is still strong and airlines are cutting capacity. Almost all planes are flying full, and as long as that is happening fares are only going up.

Really? Where are you getting that info? I flew nonstop from LAX to DC a couple of weeks ago, and the flight was so empty that I was able to stretch out across the entire row and take a nap for a couple of hours! I was also in New Orleans last week and three of my four flights were at far less than full capacity.

Moreover, prices are coming down even over the upcoming holiday period because fewer and fewer people are traveling in this economy. I am traveling to San Diego the weekend after New Years and the price of the flight has come down over $100 per person since I booked it in September.

Really? Where are you getting that info? I flew nonstop from LAX to DC a couple of weeks ago, and the flight was so empty that I was able to stretch out across the entire row and take a nap for a couple of hours! I was also in New Orleans last week and three of my four flights were at far less than full capacity.

Moreover, prices are coming down even over the upcoming holiday period because fewer and fewer people are traveling in this economy. I am traveling to San Diego the weekend after New Years and the price of the flight has come down over $100 per person since I booked it in September.

That's been my experience on my last several flights over the last couple of months... I haven't had a full flight in many months.

You are fortunate that you have been flying with empty aircraft and as far as lower fares.... that all depends on the departure and destination point. There is no rhyme or reason to airline pricing right now....

Archived