Just Back From Glory 11/15

CM2J2R2S

Quick Review -

EMBARKATION - Quick and easy.

CD - Butch - Absolutely fabulous, best ever. As good as John Heald, maybe even better - very engaged with passengers and very personable. We had seen him before but not as a CD, we were very impressed.

Cozumel - Paradise Beach - Still great place to go. Loved it just as much as the first time.

Belize - Coral Breezes - Snorkelling with Rays and Sharks - fantastic. Seas were rough but our family had a senior, three adults, three teens and two kids who were assisted by a very skilled crew. Very professional. Highly recommended.

Roatan - Victor Bodden - Fun day, Victor is a very nice man. His canopy tour was just the right speed for those who wanted a little thrill and the younger/older set who didn't want extreme. His crew was very helpful. Good day, money well spent.

Freeport - The beach was amazing, had a blast on rented jet skis and kids did hair braiding. A little crowded, many from the ship were here - but big enough that we weren't all on top of each other.

Food on the ship was excellent. Tried the dining room for breakfast and loved it. Did the galley tour. Chocolate melting cake... every night!

Shows were dated, seen them before, but it's a cruise and we were happy be there, didn't matter too much.

DEBARKATION - Last ones off the ship! Also easy, line ups not too bad.

Quick Review -

EMBARKATION - Quick and easy.

CD - Butch - Absolutely fabulous, best ever. As good as John Heald, maybe even better - very engaged with passengers and very personable. We had seen him before but not as a CD, we were very impressed.

Cozumel - Paradise Beach - Still great place to go. Loved it just as much as the first time.

Belize - Coral Breezes - Snorkelling with Rays and Sharks - fantastic. Seas were rough but our family had a senior, three adults, three teens and two kids who were assisted by a very skilled crew. Very professional. Highly recommended.

Roatan - Victor Bodden - Fun day, Victor is a very nice man. His canopy tour was just the right speed for those who wanted a little thrill and the younger/older set who didn't want extreme. His crew was very helpful. Good day, money well spent.

Freeport - The beach was amazing, had a blast on rented jet skis and kids did hair braiding. A little crowded, many from the ship were here - but big enough that we weren't all on top of each other.

Food on the ship was excellent. Tried the dining room for breakfast and loved it. Did the galley tour. Chocolate melting cake... every night!

Shows were dated, seen them before, but it's a cruise and we were happy be there, didn't matter too much.

DEBARKATION - Last ones off the ship! Also easy, line ups not too bad.

Does the glory have luggage express?????

Glad to see you got to go ashore at Roatan. 11/1-8 didn't due to strikes. I never heard if it was "settled" again. I agree about shows. We saw the exact same ones in '06 on Glory. From what I understand they spend millions on the stage and the productions so they only change them out every few years (like 5 yrs). Looking forward to seeing different shows on Miracle. We enjoyed Butch, but our favorite was Joseph our supercharged Maitre 'd.

Roatan was on the past itineraries. If I remember correctly, it replaced Costa Maya after hurricane damage last year. The itinerary changes back to Costa Maya and Nassau instead of Roatan and Freeport, I think as of the current cruise that left PC on 29 Nov. But, Roatan was on the original itinerary for most of this past year, if not all.

Was Roatan on your original itinerary or was it a deviation? It seems everyone on the Glory Western Caribbean has been going to Roatan recently, yet my booked Feb 7 cruise has Costa Maya instead.

We booked in March but had been working on it for a few months and Roatan was a draw for us, so yes, it was on our original itinerary.

Glad we got to go there.

luggage express is a service whereby your luggage is delivered to the airport to be loaded on your flight...you leave your luggage outside your cabin the night before debarkation...Carnival makes sure it gets on board your correct flight, and you eventually pick your luggage up as usual in baggage claim in your destination airport...you have to be flying certain airlines, but I think most of the major ones participate in the service...I didn't use the service, since we drove to the port...I have not heard any complaints about the service--I am sort of a nervous person and would probably worry that somehow my luggage would get lost, but I would probably give it a try just for the wonderful convenience! we did self-assist at debarkation, and it was a nightmare trying to handle our own luggage

luggage express is a service whereby your luggage is delivered to the airport to be loaded on your flight...you leave your luggage outside your cabin the night before debarkation...Carnival makes sure it gets on board your correct flight, and you eventually pick your luggage up as usual in baggage claim in your destination airport...you have to be flying certain airlines, but I think most of the major ones participate in the service...I didn't use the service, since we drove to the port...I have not heard any complaints about the service--I am sort of a nervous person and would probably worry that somehow my luggage would get lost, but I would probably give it a try just for the wonderful convenience! we did self-assist at debarkation, and it was a nightmare trying to handle our own luggage

You also get your boarding passes so you only need to go through security--no need to check-in, no baggage claim--IT IS WONDERFUL.

QUESTION: HOW DID YOU GET THE GALLEY TOUR? I am going on the Glory in September (oh so long from now) and would love love love to do that.

Thanks,

Archived