HELP! Promenade Room on Freedom...Is it REALLY small??

buzymom3

OK I need serious help here! My spring break cruise on Freedom 3/22/09, just had a huge price drop!! Except not on the category room I currently have booked.

I have a balcony room for my hubby and I and my mom (a senior) is in an OV room with our three kids. (she gets a bigger discount on the room and the 3rd and 4th)

If I change to inside cabins...Even by taking three rooms instead of two I will save about $1400!! But only if we take two Promenade rooms and one inside cabin.

HOW SMALL are the Promenade rooms? Does anyone have problems with seasickness because they cannot sight the horizon or there is no natural light??? I am not worried about myself, but my mom was concerned.

$1400 is a LOT of $$$. But this is a once in a lifetime deal for us...Please can I have your opinions??

thanks so much!

j

Thank so much for the picture Chris...it is very clear. Wow it looks pretty narrow between the bed and the dresser! :eek: I had better start dieting now...lol

I am having such a hard time figuring this out...$1400 is a lot of $$. But if I average it over the 6 of us, it is about $225 pp. Still alot of money.

Did you stay in the room? What did you think? Any issues with seasickness, etc? My mom is 75 and I want to be sure that she is ok.

any help would be appreciated...My last cruise was about 13 years ago on the Big Red Boat!

janet

The cabins are a bit tight but we are not small people and we managed fine. We also has 2 connecting promenades and a third not connected promenade (all in a row). We put our twin 3 year olds connected to Lynn and I and we put my mother and oldest daughter in the third one. We do not suffer from sea sickness but even a window in a promenade cabin gives you a "more open" or "unconfined" feeling. I would always opt for a promenade cabin over an inside. The other upside to a "smaller" cabin is that the elderly may have an easier time because there is always something within reach to steady themselves if the seas are rough. Whatever you decide I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise.

2893039360074361248S600x600Q85.jpg

2973945800074361248S600x600Q85.jpg

2860569980087978241S600x600Q85.jpg

It was a FUN room but definitely the smallest I've stayed in. We usually get a balcony but decided to try the PR since it was a 5 day cruise. As far as seasickness goes I felt totally the same whether it was a balcony, OV or in the PR. I think your mom would actually love sitting at the window and people watching on the Promenade. Save some money and experience something new!:D

I would not consider any cruise a once in a lifetime vacation, because you will probably like it and plan another one, even if its years from now. With 5 people, the cheapest would be 3 in a balcony across from a PR cabin which will only hold 2. I would think you could get the one balcony for about what two PR cabins cost?

We like PR cabins, the window makes them feel larger and that way you have the best of both worlds, you can go out on the balcony sometimes and all see out the PR window when there are parades.

My friend is 6'3 and is the size of an OFFENSIVE GUARD (he's huge) and he and his wife LOVE the Promenade cabin. They'll be staying in a Promenade NEXT SATURDAY on the Liberty and are really looking forward to it. The best part is I'll be there for drinks with them at 1:01pm in their Promenade cabin!!! WHOOPEE!!

Take the Promenade rooms -- give one to your mom -- and have a few extra drinks and gambling/spending money or a spa treatment with your savings. $225 per person is nothing to sneeze at.:D

I did it! You were all so helpful...so I called and changed from one D2 balcony and one oceanview room to THREE Promanade's on deck 7.

WE are saving $1400!! That is HUGE! I guess the sale is only for new bookings but they did it for us when I asked if we could cancel and rebook.

We have two cabins that are adjoining and one cabin right next door, so three in a row.

THANK YOU all for your input...Chris thanks for the pics...that is what helped us really get a feel for the rooms.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

janet:D

I did it! You were all so helpful...so I called and changed from one D2 balcony and one oceanview room to THREE Promanade's on deck 7.

WE are saving $1400!! That is HUGE! I guess the sale is only for new bookings but they did it for us when I asked if we could cancel and rebook.

We have two cabins that are adjoining and one cabin right next door, so three in a row.

THANK YOU all for your input...Chris thanks for the pics...that is what helped us really get a feel for the rooms.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

janet:D

EXCELLENT! You won't be sorry. :D

Archived