HELP!!HELP!!!-my daughter

sunshine4us3

Hi everyone!! Happy Thaksgiving! I have a problem. My 7 year old daughter broke her arm earlier today, she is fine now. She has a bright pink cast. We are going on the Destiny in about 2 weeks and I know things will be different for her, as far as swimming and such. Do I need documentation saying she is okay to go? Is there anything that I need to know?

Hi everyone!! Happy Thaksgiving! I have a problem. My 7 year old daughter broke her arm earlier today, she is fine now. She has a bright pink cast. We are going on the Destiny in about 2 weeks and I know things will be different for her, as far as swimming and such. Do I need documentation saying she is okay to go? Is there anything that I need to know?

I don't think that you will need anything but get an written OK from her MD. You can always check with Carnival but I'm not sure that you will get the right answer, so better safe than sorry.

I hope the broken bone wasn't too serious! If (God forbid!) there were pins or rods involved, make sure you get one of the cards from the doctor stating such. My wife had some steel in her foot for one trip, and it made going through the metal detectors much easier. Just my 2c!;)

I lov crusin has the answer - get the waterproof cast to go over the cast. This happened to a friend's child this summer and it worked great, It is truly waterproof. It might feel a little tight but that's the way it goes. happy cruising, Kaboochi

Bring plastic garbage bags and a big roll of tape so she can shower with the cast on. Bring rubbing alcohol so she can wash that hand and keep germs and sweat out of her palm. Bring tee shirts for her to sleep in because the cast texture will bother her skin at night when it rubs. Bring whatever you give her to control the pain because she may get grumpy. Check to see that her tops and blouses will go over the cast now (long sleeves are not going to work now if they are form-fitting). I hope she is okay with an adult helping her wash herself because she won't be able to wash that underarm, her back, her own hair, etc, and I hope that she did not break her dominant hand because of personal hygiene dilemas that come with that.

Been there.

Yep, she broke her dominant had, the right one. She has been okay for this evening, but she does have tylenol 3 in her right now. I will definetly get the waterproof cast, that is very important. I will also make sure to get the statement from the MD. Thanks guys!!!

At seven years of age, her break will be on the mend by then and any pain will be gone. She will do a lot better than you will worrying about her.

And, in two weeks, you'll be used to it as a parent and won't fret about it.

Enjoy!

The waterproof cast is the way to go. Also, bring a statement from your doc that indicates that she has no restrictions. The folks at Camp Carnival will probably look for that or they may exclude her from some activities.

Have a great cruise and let us know how it went when you get home...

Mach

The waterproof cast is the way to go. Also, bring a statement from your doc that indicates that she has no restrictions. The folks at Camp Carnival will probably look for that or they may exclude her from some activities.

Have a great cruise and let us know how it went when you get home...

Mach

I did not think about the camp carnival angle...good point!!

:D

Archived