Price Drops

hazeleyez3

Ok, I am going to be another one that suggests constantly checking the prices of your cruise.

I am paying for two cabins next year on a TA (one for husband and me, and another for my parents).

I have been checking on the price every few days and noticed the it had dropped a few hundred. I called my TA and asked if we could get the drop applied and she was able to save us an extra $50-$100/cabin.

In the end I was able to save myself $680.

We have had a couple of price drops on our cruise, the most recent due to a Senior Rate. Be sure to check that for yours if parents are over 55. You may even want to split up the reservation if they are both over 55 so that one is booked in each cabin. Easy to change the sleeping arrangements once you are onboard.

Congrats on the $$ savings. All that more to spend on excursions and drinks!!

The day before Thanksgiving, I saw an inside guarantee for $50 pp less than we had for our kids. Called my wonderful TA just before 5 PM and got the confirmation in about 10 minutes! These cabins were originally booked in Jan. '08 and were what I thought was very high for insides at $822 pp. First there was a $100 pp rate decrease. Later a guarantee rate for $100 pp off. After paying in full and with assigned cabins, we still were able to go back to the guarantee catagory and save the additional $50pp as stated above. Those inside cabins are now $559 pp...a much more reasonable rate.

honeywell - the only price drop for Indy that I could have gotten was if I had given up my Aft JS and taken a Inside GTY. Nope, not gonna happen...lol. :p

Hazeley - Congrats on the price drop!

Michelle, I'm not expecting a quad cabin during Spring Break to suddenly become affordable! (I wish) Would love to go on your 2/1/09 cruise aboard Indy - that's my birthday and the 6 night cruise is so much less with specials for seniors (my sister!). Ahhh..to be able to cruise when I wanted to...

Michelle, I'm not expecting a quad cabin during Spring Break to suddenly become affordable! (I wish) Would love to go on your 2/1/09 cruise aboard Indy - that's my birthday and the 6 night cruise is so much less with specials for seniors (my sister!). Ahhh..to be able to cruise when I wanted to...

I feel your pain. I did Freedom over Spring Break last year and that price just went up and up and up. I WOULD have been on Liberty this year over Spring Break but a schedule conflict made me cancel it and I refused to pay the new higher price. :(

So now I am on Independence. I will have a drink for your bday! :D

Archived