Flash memory deal of the year (so far)!

pierces

I just ordered three Sandisk Extreme III 8 GB Compact Flash cards for $29.95 each from Adorama.com

Link: http://www.adorama.com/Search-Results.tpl?page=searchresults&searchinfo=Extreme%20III

They also have the SDHC version available.

Here's the deal part: SanDisk has a rebate available that gives you $70 back if you buy three at a time...Net cost = $6.62 each!

Rebate Link: http://www.adorama.com/pdfs/rebates/sandiskx_011709.pdf

Dave

If you have a 12Meg camera and are casual shooter doing only jpg you'll get about 2,000 per card and now have 6,000 picture capacity

If you go raw+jpg you are looking at 600 pictures for the 3 cards.

For the jpg shooter on a 7 day cruise you are talking a picture every 1.3 minutes. Okay okay you are on a 14 day alaska cruise, you are down to only a picture every 2.6 minutes. Figure you don't take much when you sleep, eat, you got enough for a shot every 30 seconds or so.

Don't forget super fast computer to batch process raw --> jpg, WB, crop, sharpen

:eek: ;) :D

If you have a 12Meg camera and are casual shooter doing only jpg you'll get about 2,000 per card and now have 6,000 picture capacity

If you go raw+jpg you are looking at 600 pictures for the 3 cards.

For the jpg shooter on a 7 day cruise you are talking a picture every 1.3 minutes. Okay okay you are on a 14 day alaska cruise, you are down to only a picture every 2.6 minutes. Figure you don't take much when you sleep, eat, you got enough for a shot every 30 seconds or so.

Don't forget super fast computer to batch process raw --> jpg, WB, crop, sharpen

:eek: ;) :D

How does it calculate for a prolific shooter shooting 5-6MB x-fine JPEG most of the time with exposure and/or DRO+ bracketing (and occasionally RAW when conditions dictate...say 4%-7.3% of the time), a second 6MP camera body that is set to x-fine who has their eye on a higher-resolution successor to his beloved A700 in the next year or two....?:D

I realize I didn't really need 24GB of really fast memory! The way the rebate was structured, buying either one or two cards would have cost about $15 total and since three cost only about $20, I determined that a spare that cost less than $5 was too good to pass up!

I figure if I have lemonade instead of a Corona when I get on the ship Sunday, it's paid for!

Dave

I just ordered three Sandisk Extreme III 8 GB Compact Flash cards for $29.95 each from Adorama.com

Link: http://www.adorama.com/Search-Results.tpl?page=searchresults&searchinfo=Extreme%20III

They also have the SDHC version available.

Here's the deal part: SanDisk has a rebate available that gives you $70 back if you buy three at a time...Net cost = $6.62 each!

Rebate Link: http://www.adorama.com/pdfs/rebates/sandiskx_011709.pdf

Dave

Dave, great did you have to post this, now I had to buy 3 of them :D That is just too good of a deal to pass up, even if you use them for storage. I am printing the rebate now, when are you sending that in?

Thanks, Vince

My D300 will be happy with these, I think.

Dave, great did you have to post this, now I had to buy 3 of them :D That is just too good of a deal to pass up, even if you use them for storage. I am printing the rebate now, when are you sending that in?

Thanks, Vince

They arrived and look great in the boxes, definitely a great deal. My brother ordered 3 of the SD ones and I will buy one of those from him for another camera. Now I need to send the rebate in.

Thanks, Vince

Got home yesterday at about 9:00pm...rebate out for mail today at 7:00am! :D

Dave

Archived