Liberty Deluxe Penthouse Suites Pics

SL HomeschoolMom

pix are unbelievable! However, if I ever had a room like that, would I ever want to leave it? Maybe my little ocean views and inside rooms are okay...gets me out of my cabin and makes me want to experience the whole ship! But still, I can still look and dream!

SLhomeschoolmom,

I have really enjoyed your pictures. We are going on Liberty in June. I have a 14 year old. Did your son enjoy the teen programs? Your pictures are great quality. What kind of camera do you have?

Thanks. We took our 14 year old to Circle C registration at 8:15 the first night. There was probably 100 kids there (out of about 250 onboard due to Thanksgiving week). They converted a room on Deck 4 into a Circle C lounge, it seemed small. The kids were all very young. My son went to O2 instead, and was said that he didn't turn 15 for 3 months. Ashley (the current O2 director) thanked him for being honest (she had a list of all the kids & their ages) and let him participate. There were at least 2 other 14 year olds. To give it some perspective, my son is over 6'4" tall, and some of his good friends are in college. O2 was a much better fit.

We barely saw our kids all week. They hung out in O2, on the couches on the promenade outside O2, or on Lido. They actually danced every night in O2. Ashley was great, but she will be moving to the Splendor in a couple of weeks (starting with the South America itineraries). She was training a guy to take her place, who the kids thought was doing well by the end of the week. Some of the girls were in tears the last night because they had to leave and would miss their new friends. Make sure you have a texting plan for when they get back. :)

Last year Spirit cruise at the beginning of Feb., my kids did do Circle C, there was only about 12 of them, and while they had fun, they really wanted more peers onboard, so that's why we went over Thanksgiving.

Camera: I'm embarrassed to say I don't know what the shots were taken with. I only have the camera on my iPhone, my husband took these. We have an older Minolta that he uses when quality matters, but I'm guessing he probably used his small digital that he travels with to take the suite pics. He just bought it the day before the cruise as the screen on my son's Nikon CoolPix somehow got broken on the airplane on the way down. It was around $160 at Best Buy.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great.....Thanks for posting and sharing....

I do have to say....although the balcony is very large.....it does not look very private......or provide privacy for those near it.

One poster even mentions being able to look down on it from above.

It was an experience. Very old world with great public rooms. It had been through a big refit before I sailed on it and it had an even bigger one after I sailed. I was lucky enough to be in a small suite.

Too big to fit through the Panama Canal. Of course, many more now have that 'distinction.'

I agree, the Norway was wonderful for her old world feel. The teak decks, the s-m-a-l-l staterooms, and her grandeur--they just do not make them like this anymore, sad to say.

To the OP, thank you for the pics. That rooms looks big to me but I agree with others that it makes the ship look funny now. I also concur that if I had that room I'd never want to leave. Of course, I spend a lot of time in the room anyway, but man, that would spoil me!!

Thanks for the pics.... but I have to say that I am less than impressed with the decor and furnishings (other than the bathroom).... looks very boring and overpriced.

I have to agree. I'm surprised Carnival hasn't added more suites and suite categories or at least changed the decor.

And to the other poster, yes one of Norway's boilers exploded in Miami, and the ship never returned to service. The scrapping process is almost complete in Alang, India.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=887308&highlight=norway

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks to all the previous posters here and the great pictures. I will be in 9199 in a couple of weeks. I love the location and probably won't leave the cabin much. My DW is concerned it will be too hot in the direct sun. So... how tacky would it be if we purchased an umbrella? Only half joking... and half serious.

Thanks to all the previous posters here and the great pictures. I will be in 9199 in a couple of weeks. I love the location and probably won't leave the cabin much. My DW is concerned it will be too hot in the direct sun. So... how tacky would it be if we purchased an umbrella? Only half joking... and half serious.

We will be in the same suite next April. Take some more pics for us. I share your concern on lack of shade on the balcony tho....

Thanks for the pics.... but I have to say that I am less than impressed with the decor and furnishings (other than the bathroom).... looks very boring and overpriced.

I agree. It looks like they just slapped it together. Can't argue with the extra space though. :)

I have no idea what the cost is so I wouldn't know if it's overpriced, but I would, if I were running the world, use nice padded loungers on the balcony and a sofa that doesn't clash. :D

• 5 months later...

A family in our group stayed in 9200. I t was quite comfortable and kept 15 of us happy when they all would come to hang out. The deck out side is ok not to small not to larger. THe glass panels block almost all air and it can get very muggy out there. It was great to be able to close off the main room at night and let the remainder hang out in the living room. there are two pull down beds and the sleeper sofa opens up to a full. it was also nice to have a portable phone that you can carry around with you on the ship to call back for msgs or to call other rooms. And you also get a personal concierge. yes the decor looks dated but it is quite roomy.

I agree for the most part. And I wasn't crazy about the bathroom either. Seems like a penthouse suite should have marble and granite everything in the bathroom rather than not so attractive ceramic tile.

Of course, I wouldn't turn it down if it were offered to me as a free upgrade.:o

Archived