One day Tour- Iguazu Falls...Information Please

bionicbeacher

Hi Folks....we are thinking of booking a SA Cruise for 2010 or 2011 ...although we know one day is very short for this visit ..... we are looking for any information from people in the know, whether Celebrity offers a One day Shore Excursion to Iguazu Falls.

Any details would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Ken & Jan

No one knows what X will offer in 2010 or 2011. In 2007 they had a day trip to Iguazu Falls which took about 12 hours, starting at 6:30 am. Cost then was $850 per person and a chartered aircraft was used. Call X and ask if this trip still operates or has been discontinued.

If you have a choice of itineraries do Iguazu pre or post cruise. You can get a BA tour operator to book it including air, hotel, park or do it yourself. We made our own arrangements. We did it in a 2 day turnaround but three would have been better. Whatever you do make sure you see Iguazu. Its a must see in your lifetime kind of place. If you want a BA tour operator try Cintia at WOWArgentina. www.wowargentina.com.ar She can customize a complete tour.

If you have a choice of itineraries do Iguazu pre or post cruise. You can get a BA tour operator to book it including air, hotel, park or do it yourself. We made our own arrangements. We did it in a 2 day turnaround but three would have been better. Whatever you do make sure you see Iguazu. Its a must see in your lifetime kind of place. If you want a BA tour operator try Cintia at WOWArgentina. www.wowargentina.com.ar She can customize a complete tour.

Cintia is good as is Ricardo of Defrantur. Iguazu is a must. See to believe

http://everydayexplorers.nationalgeographic.com/individual-video.php?as=19828&mediaId=409541&mediaType=VIDEO

You will save serious money by making independent arrangements to visit Iguazu pre or post cruise. Flights from Sao Paulo are shortest followed by Rio and Buenos Aires. Search GOL, Varig, TAM and Aerolineas Argentinas airlines which may offer package deals as well. Moreover, a day trip - even a long day trip - is insufficient for an adequate tour of the falls. Plan to spend 2 nights so that you can have 1 day to visit the Argentine side and another to visit the Brasilian side of the falls.

Many say the Sheraton hotel on the Argentine side is best if you can afford it.

Iguazu is a definite must do but 1 day is way too short. We spent only 1 night at the falls and that was too short I would recommend a minimum of 2 nights however 3 would be better.... Also stay at the Sheraton as it is the only hotel in the park and overlooks the falls. Do your own planning using a Argentine guide tour operator and you will save a lot of money. However never hurts to call the Sheraton 800# and book rooms for the nights you think you want...as it is a Sheraton you can cancel without penalty and then you will have the rooms as this hotel gets booked up a year out...I did this choking at the price of nearly $400 a night but at least I had the room reservation. Then the Argentine guide used my reservation to obtain the room but got his price of under $200.

I would highly recommend Ricardo of Defrantur Tours he was great managed to pack a lot of sight seeing in a very short time all for an excellent price.

If you do decide to see Iguazu, please realize that you may need one, or more, vaccinations. They may, or may not, be mandatory depending on your itinerary. We're going to Iguazu this month. For that trip, we needed:

Yellow Fever Vac. (the falls ARE in the endemic zone)

Typhoid Vac.

Hep A -- 2 shots over the course of at least 6 months

Anti-Malarial, such as Malarone

The Typhoid & Hep A were recommended for our itinerary even without Iguazu. Still, between vaccines and Rx, it was over $500 for the 2 of us. At $1299 pp for the excursion through Oceania (yes, I know you can do it cheaper, but sometimes convenience is worth it), plus the meds, these are some expensive falls! Everyone says they're worth it, so my expectations are pretty high.

We will be there in April '09 and are flying in early before our cruise starts from BA. We booked our own local air at about $350 each RT, prebooked a B&B in Iguazu city for 1 night at $100 and will most likely book isango tours for Argentine side of Iguazu Falls with boat ride to Devil's Throat . Includes pick up at our B & B and entry fee into park for $56 per person. Oh, pick up at local airport and return at $20 each way. So, all in all this 1 1/2 day (not to be missed) excursion will most likely run around $1,000 total for the two of us. Comments!! Thoughts anyone?????

Jay

I have booked the one day trip to Iguazu falls in January 2009. I will let you know how it was if you remind me at the end of Feb. Zu~ su dot matthews at yahoo dot com

Hi Everyone.....thanks very much for your information...it was exactly what we wanted to know so we could formulate a plan and see if we can fit this adventure into our budget.

Zu~ I will take you up on that offer upon your return next Feb.

Also the noting of the vaccinations, required meds and associated costs was an important reminder.....we have the vaccinations but our friends who will be travelling with us, do not.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their input and for taking the time to respond to our question, we appreciated it very much.:)

Ken & Jan

Toronto, Canada

Archived