Return 1/2 from Grand to FLL? abt Transportation

4275princess

We prefer to do the luggage valet with Princess. I was advised they offer to take luggage to FLL @ $15 pp with Airtran but to confirm/book onboard @ Pursers ofc. We have done this before @ other airports. I can't remember, but think Princess requires you to ALSO book their transfers from the ship if you opt to do this service. (This would eliminate the opportunity to do self-walk-off or catching a cab, which can sometimes be faster than waiting for the Princess bus to fill up & take off).

Am I thinking right?:confused:

Haven't sailed out of FLL for a while, aren't there cabs lined up @ the terminal @ disembarkation, so it is easy to just be in line to cath one?

We have an 11:01 flight out of FLL & want to depart the easiest & quickest way to avoid long lines @ the airport.

Thanks for any replies....or suggestions

I would check into this a little further before counting on it. It seems with the added charges airlines are now adding for checked bags, overweight bags, most ports are no longer offering this service.

Hopefully someone who has attempted this out of FLL recently can post as to if this is still available in Fort Lauderdale. I am going to guess it isn't, but that would just be a guess. So, hopefully someone will respond that has tried this recently.

We had a 10:45 flight out of FLL and made it in plenty of time. We used the Princess transfers and were off the ship by 8:30 and put right on a bus to the airport which is only 10 min away. We even had time to grab a sandwich for the flight.

Archived