taxi cost in Belize to the zoo??

fowler100

The zoo is about a 45-50 minute bus ride from Belize City. Best to take a ship's tour. I have no clue how expensive that taxi ride would be! We really enjoyed the zoo a year ago. But it is not a typical zoo. It is very much the animals' habitat. If they are hiding in the dense brush or asleep up a tree, you may not see some of them. The guide we had was VERY knowledgable. He was good at pointing out some of the "hidden" animals for us. And he was able to coax some out of hiding as well. Not to say they were all difficult to see, not so. But just a warning of what to expect. The sight of the black Jaguar "posing" for us was priceless! Take bug spray...you're in the jungle!

The Belize Zoo really doesn't care if you see the animals or not. It is a small place... nothing like anything in the states. I have happy memories of the howler monkeys biting a tourist who messed with it too much. The fence of the Howler monkey enclosure was a cyclone fence, no moat. It was an eye-opener about true conservation. Best to take a ships tour because they will stop in other places as well, you will probably be quite disappointed if you shell out big bucks and only spend at best 2 hours (if you stretch it) at the Zoo.

When I was there, and this tells you how small the place is, they only had one type of T-Shirt for sale and no gift shop :)

I'll be cruising to Belize on the Nov 24th.I have read so many post not only on this board.Taxi cost a lot don't know how much.I am going to do the cave tubing am not going to book on the Ship I have 10 in my family.I read that so many tours is at the port.and so many tour operator information on Google.

I am searching what is best for my teenagers.does any one know the price of the tubing?

Garry

Archived