Women: What do YOU wear on Formal night?

fancymeetingyouhere

Ladies: What do YOU wear on Formal Nights on Celebrity?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Ladies: What do YOU wear on Formal Nights on Celebrity?

• LONG FORMAL GOWN
    • COCKTAIL DRESS
    • DRESSY PANTS & TOP
    • I SKIP FORMAL NIGHTS AND DINE ELSEWHERE

We really enjoy our formal nights. DH wears a dark suit and I typically will wear a dressy pants suit. I also have 2 dressy cocktail suits that I have worn. It is so much fun to dress up as we just don't dress that way in our daily life.

DH has a tuxedo and I have several long dresses - so that's what we wear! I'm a city girl who used to go to a lot of formal and black tie events (sigh), but now I live in a small city and NEVER get the chance to dress up. So when we cruise, I take every opportunity to dress up :D

I feel better after seeing this poll. I was feeling like I would be tossed out on my &%# or snickered at as I walked by if I didn't wear a long gown. (The formal thread was getting a little nasty this week) I was so worried I pulled my formal dresses out of the closet to try on and guess what.........the zippers wouldn't go up :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and if they won't go up today they sure as heck won't be going up after a few days of cruising. I guess I'm going to be spending a little extra time at the gym when I get back.

Long gown (watered silk, takes NO room and is wrinkle-free after steaming in the shower) one night, cocktail dress another, 2nd long gown OR cocktail dress the 3rd night. Same shoes & bag with at least two of them. DH and all other males in party are in tuxes (including children - being able to rent tuxes for the boys and have them delivered aboard is great).

Great topic, I have not a clue what I'll take and I need help. I'd really love to hear what others are wearing.

I have two plain full length black dresses, both similar to Chicos travelers type material. I'll probably take one or both of these because they weigh very little and pack nicely but I don't know how to dress them up. Accessories are not my strong point! I was thinking of black pants/beaded top but geesh, some of those beaded tops are super heavy! I'll be taking my black pants for the casual nights to pair with nice tops. I think a dress might be more fun for formal night since I rarely wear dresses.

Until a few years ago, I wore long gowns and would bring a different one for each formal night.

Then I started wearing cocktail dresses when it became easier to find fashionable cocktail dresses than evening gowns.

Now I wear dressy black pants or a long skirt with a different top for each formal night.

On the two night formal cruises I take a black Chico travel knit pants and top, with a sparkly knit jacket and a short dress glitzed up with jewelry. If there is a third formal night, I ditch the jacket and glitz up the knit set. My husband stopped taking a tux about five cruises ago. He wears a dark suit and white shirt with a beautiful black and silver tie. He never looks out of place as many men are wearing ties instead of bowties with their tux. However, shoes are my problem- love them and take way too many!!!!

:)Ann

The reason we do so many cruises is because we love the formal nights. My husband always wears his Tux and I wear a fancy cocktail dress. I have learned to find comfortable sparkly shoes. I use to wear the really high heels but found out they hurt my feet and we ended up going back to the cabin early. Now we can stay out dancing all night.

I have some long silk gowns that weigh less and take up less room than one of my husband's shirts.

Same here. I am taking two long gowns and they are puffy but do not take up any room. I think the gowns will look so elegant (with me in it :)) goint up or down the staircase in the gorgeous main dining room.

I used to take two or three long gowns depending on the cruise. (We drive so baggage isn't a huge problem.) But now with a 10 day cruise only having 2 formal nights I am taking a pair of dressy pants (think lined chiffon) and two tops - one light weight sparkly and the other black velvet. If I am being a lady and keep my legs together :) the effect is the same as a gown. DH wears his tux since he doesn't need to take a sport coat anymore.

I wear long evening gowns on formal nights. What's the point of having beautiful dresses if you don't wear them? They absolutely do not have to take up a ton of room. One of mine does but I love it enough to pay the luggage surcharge to bring a proper garment bag for it. My husband wears his tux.

I wear cocktail dresses on the sadly departed informal nights. Guess we'll be dressy on casual night because my husband enjoys wearing his sports coat.

DH sometimes takes a suit, but this last cruise took slacks, dress shirt and sportscoat. I also opt for a couple of black or dark navy dresses, easy to fold in suitcase. Black and grey slacks with a few different blouses (each worn 2x) for semi-formal. I USUALLY WEAR THE SAME BLACK DRESS SHOES WITH ALL DINNER OUTFITS. Saves on space:p and really the guys aren't looking at feet anyway:D

14 day cruise, 1, 2 & 3. 7 day cruise 1 & 3. I'm one of those that pack way too many shoes so not the same outfit or shoes for any of the nights. I will admit to wearing the same outfit - on different cruises:D

DH wears rented tux 2 nights and dark suit on the 3rd night.

It depends a bit on my mood. I have a long gown that I never get to wear except for on Formal night. I'd like to dress for my boyfriend as he has never seen me all gussied up.

I'm glad that you gals reminded me of the Chico travel pants !!!

They are great. I'll get a fresh pair.

Archived