Bringing Alcohol on Solstice

sportsnut

Does Celebrity charge a corkage fee?

Subject: Food and Beverage

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. If a guest receives a bottle of wine (in their stateroom) from a family member of friend, and that bottle(s) was purchased from our Bon Voyage Gift selection, then no corkage fee will apply if they wish to consume the bottle in the dining room or any public area. If a guest receives a bottle from an outside vendor and/or travel agent, and the bottle was not purchased through our Bon Voyage selection, then a $25.00 corkage fee per bottle will apply if they wish to consume the wine in the dining room or any other public area. The fee will be applied to the guest's onboard account. Alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

I have brought wine to the dining room maybe 15 times across a couple of different lines and there was only one time we weren't charged the corkage. The sommelier was super busy that night and I think he just forgot. $25 corkage on Celebrity is kinda high, most lines are $10-15.

Just checking to see if anyone was able to bring alcohol on Solstice. I thought you could bring a bottle of wine on with no problem but was wondering if liquor made it on board. Please let us know.

We took 4 bottles of wine (2 each in our carry ons) with no problem. :D

We had 2 cabins, so I checked 4 bottles of wine in a 12 bottle wine case box (all legal per website quote in post above). However, I also put two 1 liter water bottles (filled with rum) in the box. Put our name and cabin number on the box and had no problem.

Also purchased a bottle of rum in St. Maarten (guavaberry rum - tasty local product), put it in our carryon bag, went through security when reboarding the ship, and had no problem.

There have been many posts regarding the ability to bring alcohol on board from ports of call. Don't know if I was lucky or not.

Soemone in the other post mentioned that with the $25.00 charge, they should definatly be providing Reidel stemware (their corporate sponser) and a decanter for red wine with this kind of charge. I agree. I think with a sommelier (which many lines don't have anymore) they will probably be enforcing the corkage fee. Two years ago on the Carribean Princess we took 7 bottles for our cruise and took each one to the dining room expecting to be charged. The waiter never charged us, however we only drank half the bottle and offered the other half to our waiter and assistant to each have a glass after their shift. We weren't bribing them, we just don't drink a whole bottle and we like a new bottle each night. I guess they were happy and we tipped extra at the end of the cruise because they provided us with wine service.

Archived