Can you walk to a beach from port in PV?

marciemi

My mom & I will be on the Diamond Princess next month. We plan on doing the earliest Canopy tour through the ship, supposed to be back at 1pm. We'd like to grab a quick lunch on the ship, then hit a beach for a few hours before the ship leaves at 6. Is this possible? Which beaches are public? Can you walk to any or do you need a cab? Thanks for any tips/help!

There are several hotel resorts next to the pier. We've used their beaches several times and have never had a problem. When you disembark, look to the right of the pier. I don't remember the name of the first resort, but its a pink building (I think). Very friendly staff. Enjoy your day there!

Along side the cruise ship dock is the Marina De Oro, Playa de Oro and the Golden Crown Paradise. Since they all have done some new changes, I am not sure with them being mainly ALL Inclusive if they offer drink and food for sale for non-guests, so give it a shot. (All beaches are public, but the hotels can limit non-guests from using the hotel grounds and facilities especially if they are All Inclusive.) Just a little further down the is the nh Krystal Hotel which is open to cruise ship passengers with food and/or beverage purchases.

Other hotels, such as the Marriott (which is on the other side of the Marina, a very short taxi ride away) allow guests to come and use their beach and facilities with a minimum consumption charge.

You can easily walk to the Krystal which is very welcoming to the cruise ship passengers. The other hotels nearby won´t let you use their facilities, chairs on the beach, etc without charging an arm and a leg. The Krystal as well, has beautiful pool areas.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
My mom & I will be on the Diamond Princess next month. We plan on doing the earliest Canopy tour through the ship, supposed to be back at 1pm. We'd like to grab a quick lunch on the ship, then hit a beach for a few hours before the ship leaves at 6. Is this possible? Which beaches are public? Can you walk to any or do you need a cab? Thanks for any tips/help!

Marciemi - I saw your pics of the Aft cabin on the grand. M wife and I are travelling on The star (C752) next march. I would love to be able to ask you about your cabin! Please email me if you get this - (Link is below!)

Archived