Majesty 11/28-12/1 Review with Lots of Pics!!

ebandive

Ah...Majesty was the start of my cruising career. It still was the best cruise we were ever on. Every thing went great except my wife was pregnant at the time.

Glad to see you had a great time. I want to go on her again now!

Here is the plane, but you can't make it out that well.

ry%3D400

The next picture is of the first rest area I was talking about. You can see the legs of the dock under the water behind the fish. This is where we were standing on a rock and all those fish were content to swim all around us as we rested.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I can't express enough how much of an amazing experience this was. Thanks for letting me share it!

Can anyone use the Viking Crown Lounge? For some reason I thought it was for higher level C&A members, or am I thinking of somewhere else? I'm trying to plan Meet & Mingle for our group and looking for ideas of where we can do it.

Berwyn is right, it is for everyone. You are probably thinking of the Concierge lounge, which is only for diamond members or suite guests. I'd be careful about choosing the Viking as a place for a meet & mingle unless it is arranged with the cruiseline (on Majesty it woudn't be) because it can be the sight for weddings or wedding receptions. The pool bar worked great for us. :)

Loved your review and pictures. As I sit here with it sleeting outside and waiting for the snow to come down it made me feel alot warmer. Your pictures brought back alot of memories of our Majesty of the Seas cruise and gives us something to look forward to on our Monarch of the Seas cruise in March.

You're really getting me excited to go now with the snorkeling pics! I can almost hear the Darth Vader sound of the snorkel.

Here's a question off the subject, was there lobster any night? What will we miss if we opt out of formal night to save packing space?

Erin,

Were those underwater pictures really taken with a disposable camera ? It just looks good to be disposable.

Yes they were. It was a Kodak disposable that can go up to 50 feet underwater. I tried to apply tips from the snorkeling board, to try to shoot pictures not looking straight down, but more towards the top of the water. The more light in the picture, the better they turn out. Of course it helps to have a sunny day!

You're really getting me excited to go now with the snorkeling pics! I can almost hear the Darth Vader sound of the snorkel.

Here's a question off the subject, was there lobster any night? What will we miss if we opt out of formal night to save packing space?

Darth Vadar sound!?!? :eek: :D To answer your question, no lobster. Just Lobster Bisque (soup). Their featured entree formal night was the fillet of beef, which was very good. To be honest, this was the most casual cruise I've seen.

A funny story: As mentioned before, this was our friend's first cruise. I tried my best to give them all my "inside" tips learned from cruise critic to help them pack and such. However I didn't want to go overboard (no pun intended) by picking out their clothes every evening, so all I asked is if they understood what to pack as far as clothes for dinner. They assured me they did.

On the way to the ship, I took out my cruise docs to make sure we were headed the right way to the pier, and got my luggage tags ready. They were in the backseat and asked, "What's that? Were we supposed to get those?" WHAT!?!?!? They made a quick call to Royal on their cell to figure out what to do about the tags (which was to just get them from the porter). But they had never even read the dress code for dinner. So come to find out the girl was OK for formal night, she had a little black dress, but the guy only had one pair of khaki's and one polo. He ended up wearing that all three nights to dinner, including formal night! :D He felt a little silly, but hoped nobody would care, and nobody did! He did say that he felt he was getting the "once over" when entering the dining room, but nobody ever said a word to him and we were able to be seated. In fact, the girl didn't pack dress shoes and just wore black flip flops with her black sundress and it was fine!

I tell you that story just so you know not to stress out packing something special for formal night. Some people were dressed up, but an equal amount of people wore what would be deemed "casual" attire on a longer cruise. I thought the T-shirts looked out of place, but everything else fit.

Please don't flame me! :) Just enjoy your cruise!

Berwyn is right, it is for everyone. You are probably thinking of the Concierge lounge, which is only for diamond members or suite guests. I'd be careful about choosing the Viking as a place for a meet & mingle unless it is arranged with the cruiseline (on Majesty it woudn't be) because it can be the sight for weddings or wedding receptions. The pool bar worked great for us. :)

Hi Erin

Did you happen to save your Cruise Compasses? I was wondering about the 1st day, trying to set up a Meet & Mingle, possible before sailaway. My email is Cavatelli430@aol.com, thanks.

Cavatelli, I'm sorry I'm not able to scan the compasses. Muster was at 4:15 and Sailaway was at 5:00. There was a band playing in the afternoon by the pool. Part of the sailaway party at 5:00 included an ice scupltipng demonstration. Early seating is at 6:00. Is there anything else specifically you were interested in knowing? There is not much going on in the afternoon for activities the first day except the sailaway party. That first afternoon people seem to just eat lunch at Windjammer and then tour the ship or hangout by the pool. :)

Thanks for tuning in! Here is the email address:

rcldining@rccl.com[/quote

your pics are wonderful, we are sailing on her for my 50 th bday with family and friends and I want to make sure we have a good table or set of tables together, by a window would be wonderful. I already have all teh reservations linked together.I will e-mail them today

Thanks

Penny

Thanks for the great pics of Coco Cay. Now I'm really excited to go there.

About how long did it take you to get away from the crowded areas of the beach? Are there designated areas to snorkle or can you go anywhere?

Thanks!

Gina

I also loved all your pics .... one question, is rthe food on Coco Cay free or do you have to take cash on the island, I assume you have to pay for the cocoloco drinks, I heard that arw wonderful also

Penny

Erin, those are really great pictures. For a 3 nighter, that cruise really was fabulous. The ship was gorgeous, everyone was nice, and the weather was good to us. Sorry we didn't get to meet. DW and I just wanted to get away. We were hermits on this trip.

on the island too.......I assume the boose you have to pay for right? Cash or sea-pass?

The food on the island is free, but the alcohol you must pay for. They have lemonade and water for free by the food. I'm pretty sure you use your seapass to pay for the alcohol. But if you want to buy something in the straw market on Coco Cay you must use cash.

Erin, those are really great pictures. For a 3 nighter, that cruise really was fabulous. The ship was gorgeous, everyone was nice, and the weather was good to us. Sorry we didn't get to meet. DW and I just wanted to get away. We were hermits on this trip.

I'm glad you both had a great trip as well. No problem for not meeting, I definately understand to want to just get away! :)

Erin,

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. The pictures are wonderful. We are going to book the Monarch for 4 nights doing the same itin for Aug. 2009 (the week before the Disney Cruise) and I am so excited to see Atlantis and CocoCay.

I am sure you will have a great time!

What a wonderful review and fantastic photos of your cruise....my wife and I are on the Majesty in March 09 for a 4 nighter and are looking quite forward to it (as all I can see here where I live is snow)....once again..thankyou

Erin

We just got back Friday from our cruise and it was WONDERFUL!!! We have now been on 16 cruises and both of us feel the food in the dining room was one of the two best EVER!!! Great meals all four nights.

We also got lucky with a table for two and enjoyed our time together. Never have we tried this. Our new moto is when on a short cruise, table for two is the ticket. Anything longer than 4 nights and it will be a larger table so we can meet others.

I have to say while your Christmas decoratoin pics from Atlantis were beautiful, they do not compare to what it looks like in person. Looking down those halls from the front desk area was just breathtaking. All the lights looked like diamonds hanging down from the ceilings.

Our weather was not the greatest, all days in the 70's but the wind was horrible. We did get to go to CocoCay but the water was just not warm enough to stay in.

Again, THANKS for all the pics, it sure got Crystal in the cruising mood. I am sure I will visit this thread over and over again to help me remember our cruise!!!

Tim

Archived