Spa rooms on Carnival Splendor and Carnival Dream

vizzle

I had a spa category cabin (the suite actually) on the Splendor. I LOVED IT!!!!!!

I was on Panorama deck and was a short walk up to the front and up the stairs/private elevator to the spa to jump in the thalasso pool or go in the thermal suites!

The decor is different, and you will notice the change in decor. The towels and robes are different. You get Elemis brand samples in the cabin. You will LOVE the Sharp Shower Gel..oh my, it is amazing and smells fabulous! It last a long time too. I bought a bottle in October and I still have some left! (alternate using it with another shower cream I bought).

I'm gonna go back on the Splendor in March 2011 and will get a spa category cabin again!

• 2 weeks later...

Well,....we're back from our trip. We were in room 1116 and we will NEVER book that room again. We were port side. Looking out, the left side of the balcony has no privacy barrier. There is no other balcony beside you etc. What ends up happening is that the good folks on deck 11 hanging out by the railing (all the way to the stern of the ship) have a direct view to your balcony! One guy just stared at us as we sat out there. There is NO privacy. On top of that, the balcony is not covered. So, the good folks hanging out on deck 12 by the railing look in and listen in directly to your balcony.

The kicker is the thunderous banging from above from people jumping on the deck as they race to the waterslide stairs. There is no way that anyone could sneak an afternoon nap in. It was the worst room we've had in 5 cruises, hands down.

The location is great, but these other things make this room a real stinker. Stay away!!!!!!!!!

We will be on the Splendor next January. I would love a spa cabin but we dont want to give up our extended balcony. I would just like to get a couple of day passes, does anyone know where we would get them?

We were in Splendor 1117 on 4/18 cruise. Yes, it was a tad bit noisy at times, because of the deck 12 and the slide above, but I didn't notice too much in the way at people staring at me on my balcony. On the other hand , we did have a few people hang over the railing on deck 12 and talk with us. I actually didn't mind too terribly but if you are a private person it's not for you.

Having nothing to compare it to as this was our first cruise, I liked the cabin, it's location for me far exceed the negatives.

We were in Splendor 1117 on 4/18 cruise. Yes, it was a tad bit noisy at times, because of the deck 12 and the slide above, but I didn't notice too much in the way at people staring at me on my balcony. On the other hand , we did have a few people hang over the railing on deck 12 and talk with us. I actually didn't mind too terribly but if you are a private person it's not for you.

Having nothing to compare it to as this was our first cruise, I liked the cabin, it's location for me far exceed the negatives.

Keep in mind that 1117 is on the starboard side of the ship. 1116 is on the port side. The exit to the waterslide is on the PORT side. People exit on the PORT side and run back up the same side more frequently than crossing over to the other side to go up the stairs. So,...maybe 1117 was better for noise. Our room was awful. Everyday during the day our room was filled with bangs and thuds from above. Nice and quiet at night though. :)

I'm not exactly an introvert and the occasional person peeking in on a balcony doesn't bother me at all. But,...I'm telling you, this dude was staring at us on SEVERAL occasions from the railing on deck 11. Must've been a whacko! Either that or he had a crush on me or something. ;)

The spa was nice. The hallways were nice and quiet and again, the location is stellar.

• 5 months later...

Archived