Spa rooms on Carnival Splendor and Carnival Dream

vizzle

I can't find much information on here. I saw the unofficial wiki. But nothing else.

Can anyone tell me about the ones on the Splendor? Obviously not much will be on the Dream since its still being built. I did a search and didn't come up with much.

Were they worth it?

Would you do it again?

What were the best features?

Where they much better then regular room?

Do they really keep kids away? It says 18 an over.

Looking mainly for an over all review of the spa specific rooms.

Just had one... what information would you like? If I get started, I may just tell you what I liked best, not what you want to know (but it was WONDERFUL!)...

See the list of questions. Can we start there?

I can't find much information on here. I saw the unofficial wiki. But nothing else.

Can anyone tell me about the ones on the Splendor? Obviously not much will be on the Dream since its still being built. I did a search and didn't come up with much.

Were they worth it?

Would you do it again?

I liked how the rooms had a different look to them, more pleasing and relaxing.

The rooms on deck 11 do not have an overhang on the balcony, from the Serenity area anybody has full view of the balcony.

Depending on personal use of the spa facilities and cost difference, it would be worth the extra cost. You get a silicone wrist band for the access to the facilities included with the cost of the room.

I might do it again but get one on deck 10 if the difference in cost wasn't much.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6253&g2_serialNumber=2

Hey - I just booked an interior spa room on panarama deck on Dream for a two day cruise to nowhere in NYC.

Can you tell me what was included in the spa? I have a list of amenities just for spa cabin guests, but am curious about what are the hidden fees?

Was there anything special about the cabin itself? Different toiletrees? etc?

Tell me all about your experience! :) I am dying to learn all about it!

I have been looking into booking a spa room, too. I normally do not use the spa alot on a cruise, usually one massage and then maybe one or two day uses. But this spa is of great interest to me. How much of a discount do they offer you on treatments and massages for staying in a spa stateroom or what type of specials did they offer for services? I appreciate your feedback!

I have read that the cloud 9 spa rooms don't allow smoking in them. Does that also apply to smoking on the belcony?

No. No smoking is allowed in the Spa cabin OR on the balcony.

We cruised with Chandom and had a Spa Balcony....loved it.

It is the same size as a regular balcony but the decor is a little nicer (according to someone who had a regular balcony and saw ours)

I am not a Spa person at all. (I have had one massage my entire life)...but I LOVED IT. LOVED the thassalo pool....loved the relaxation rooms...I have to steam my vocal chords every day because I don't sing properly and the Turkish sauna was fabulous.

You get to keep the slippers...you don't get to keep the robe.

There are no hidden costs. You simply get unlimited use of the "private areas" and you get Etermis samples ....they refilled it twice on a 4 day cruise.

We just booked the Dream for December 3, 2009 and we booked an Spa Interior. It was cheaper than the OV on Main that we wanted.

There is one warning I have to give.....

if you are upgraded from a regular cabin to a Spa cabin...you do NOT get the wristbands. However, if your are upgraded from an Spa Interior to a Spa Balcony...you DO!!!

We were upgraded from a Spa Interior to a Spa Balcony for free.

In true Carnival fashion....their system just says "upgraded" so the first 24 hours we had to fight to get the wristbands that we had paid for.

So if the upgrade fairy visits you and moves you from a Spa Interior to a Spa Balcony....have your TA or PVP contact the SHIP SPA directly to make sure your wristbands are waiting for you.

I am sure Carnival will get this worked out eventually...this is a new concept for them...but until they do....be forewarned....because the Purser's Desk on the Splendor was absolutely useless in getting this resolved...and our family of 3 are all Milestone Reward Members.

I guess I am the only one who has booked a Spa Suite. I booked it for the Splendor next September. I would have gone with a balcony, but since it will be my birthday that week I decided to go nuts and break the bank!!!! It'll be nice having a spa suite all to myself and no one to share with (or to keep me awake at night!).

I'll go on the Dream or Magic in Sept 2010 and will see if I will get a spa balcony then or a regular...

I hope times flies in 2009 in between my cruises I have booked!

I just got off the Splendor today and I had an Oceanview Spa Room. I was able to get a lot of pics of all types of the Spa rooms (including the suites) and the spa features, as soon as I can figure out how to post them on here, I will.

Hope it helps...You will love it, best cruise I have ever been on..

I just got off the Splendor today and I had an Oceanview Spa Room. I was able to get a lot of pics of all types of the Spa rooms (including the suites) and the spa features, as soon as I can figure out how to post them on here, I will.

Hi Joey P! I too was on the Splendor last week, and while I did not have a spa stateroom, i did get a 1 day pass and i thoroughly enjoyed the thalaso pool.... I would consider booking a spa cabin just so I could enjoy this every day of my cruise! Though a few of us were getting sloshed back and forth in it on Thursday,. i guess the motion of the ocean kicks up the waves in the pool... lol

Post your picks soon id love to see them.

Liza.

We are also thinking of a spa suite, and as the cruise we are going on is longer, transatlantic...... we are thinking it might be worth it :)

Anyone who has seen these rooms we would love to hear....

we are going on the Dream, but I am thinking the rooms would be similar.

thank you!

• 4 months later...

Did you ever get any photos of the spa cabins posted? Thanks!

• 9 months later...

My husband and I just booked a Spa Balcony 8S through a travel agent. We actually had no idea extra amenities were included. Once I found out, though, I got quite excited. I do have a question, though, if anyone knows:

We booked through a TA, who offered the room at a substantial discount. Does this still mean that we get the extra amenities, or are those only for guests who book through Carnival and pay full price?

Thanks for any info you might have!

Melissa and Chris

My husband and I just booked a Spa Balcony 8S through a travel agent. We actually had no idea extra amenities were included. Once I found out, though, I got quite excited. I do have a question, though, if anyone knows:

We booked through a TA, who offered the room at a substantial discount. Does this still mean that we get the extra amenities, or are those only for guests who book through Carnival and pay full price?

Thanks for any info you might have!

Melissa and Chris

You will still get the "perks." the only time they are excluded is if you are upgraded to a spa cabin. Enjoy!

Were they worth it?

Would you do it again?

Was onthre Splendor on 1/24/2010.

We took the Spa tour BEFORE we committed. After the sales pitch, we took the bait, hook, line and sinker. $250.00 and you have full access to the spa which includes the warming tiled lounges (some are warm and some aren't), the ones against the wall are warmer than the ones freely open. You have access to the steam room that was suppose to be filled with aroma (lavendar/lemon grass/etc.) we did NOT get that aroma, and after the 4th day, it smelled like urine! The so-called hot tub pool was suppose to be a "mineral spa" but we were told by a spa worker there that it was actually sea salt water!

If you did not book a Spa cabin, you were given a colored bracelet to wear to signify that you paid $250.00 to enjoy the spa, and the color changed every day. However, if you wandered in there pretending to go to the gym, you could wait while someone came along who had the "magic card" and go right in with them. No one was checking for bracelets. IMHO, the Spa extra charge was a rip off. Save your money!

Archived