What time is first sitting Traditional dining on Ruby

Dorset Cruiser

The late show is for folks who go to the early dinner, for the most part. It is set up that way for that purpose. To try and do early traditional and the early showwill generally not work, as the dining is staged If there is a desire to go to the early show, choose personal choice dining and go at 5:30, you can eat as quickly as you wish and make the early show.

Can someone please let me know the timing for first sitting Traditional dining on Ruby Princess.

We are getting conflicting information. We have been advised by TA that it is 6.30pm but on these boards we have seen various times from 5.30pm to 6.15pm:confused:

6:00 PM. Definitely. TA has not been on Ruby; we have.

6:00 PM. Definitely. TA has not been on Ruby; we have.

Thanks Pia

I was getting a bit confused as someone has definitely posted somewhere on these threads today that they went to first sitting at 5.30pm - that's just a little bit too early for us even though we have two small children who need to eat early.

I think that the 5:30 diners were probably in anytime as that's the time those DRs open. Sometimes service there is slower because a waiter is coping with several tables on different schedules --- in traditional, all his tables are more in sync. If you have an evening when you are planning to make a show, just tell your servers at the start of the meal and they will make every effort to accommodate you.

Thanks Pia

I was getting a bit confused as someone has definitely posted somewhere on these threads today that they went to first sitting at 5.30pm - that's just a little bit too early for us even though we have two small children who need to eat early.

One of the personal choice diningrooms does open at 5:30.

One of the personal choice diningrooms does open at 5:30.

That must be what it was - thanks for the responses. Everything starting to fall into place now with only 5 weeks to go:D

What are my chances for booking the Grill for the first formal night and do they allow small children??

That must be what it was - thanks for the responses. Everything starting to fall into place now with only 5 weeks to go:D

What are my chances for booking the Grill for the first formal night and do they allow small children??

How "small" are the children? There used to be a time when nobody under 13 was admitted, but I've heard that children as young as 7 are now being served.

Archived