Coffee question??

muffinlover

Being cajun, I like really strong coffee, which I haven't found on any ship, any line. It's ok, and I drink it anyway.:D I, too, appreciate the complimentary espresso and cappuccino w/every meal in the dining room. I get a double espresso w/dessert every evening. Now that's my kinda coffee!

I find the coffee fine, I had it every morning...black...I on the other hand do not like the cappuccino in the dining room...it always tastes burnt to me....I go to the specialty coffee bar for a cappuccino or espresso...well worth it.

:cool:

It probably depends on what kind of coffee you normally drink. We do not care for the coffee on Carnival. We drink our coffee black and prefer Starbucks strength coffee in the morning. That's why I always bring a french press and fresh ground coffee, and use the hot water from the carafes on the buffet. I usually get some funny looks, but I've also gotten some admiring comments, I guess depending on how they felt about the ship's coffee!! I've done this for years, and would not leave on a cruise without it!! Hope this helps!

I love the coffee from the coffee stand. And I have never had bad service there either. The barista remembers my drink everyday after day one. Other than that I don't care for the coffee in the dining room. And the espresso or cappuchino after dinner is a great way to finish the meal.

Being cajun, I like really strong coffee, which I haven't found on any ship, any line. It's ok, and I drink it anyway.:D I, too, appreciate the complimentary espresso and cappuccino w/every meal in the dining room. I get a double espresso w/dessert every evening. Now that's my kinda coffee!

Boy you said it about strong coffee!!! This cajun here likes Community Dark Roast - although I never got a complimentary espresso or cappuccino in the dining room - I didn't know they did that!

The coffee bar is ok, I order a double shot cappuccino and it does the trick - but ya gotta pay for that one.

another Community Coffee girl here...I found the coffee in the dining room to be good...the room service coffee was OK...I never had coffee on the Lido deck but heard it was terrible...didn't have any specialty coffees at the coffee shop on Deck 5 (Creams), but I heard it was good--similar to Starbuck's

another Community Coffee girl here...I found the coffee in the dining room to be good...the room service coffee was OK...I never had coffee on the Lido deck but heard it was terrible...didn't have any specialty coffees at the coffee shop on Deck 5 (Creams), but I heard it was good--similar to Starbuck's

Dere's 2 kinds of people in the world...Community drinkers and everybody else...:D;)

I always, always get cappuccino with dinner and never knew they had espresso! :eek:

Late nights here we come :D

People confuse burnt coffee with strong coffee- they are not the same! Most people (including those who think they are picky) know little about coffee. I don't just make my own espresso; I roast my beans weekly. So, if someone thinks that they are getting good coffee from some preground coffee that was ground from some old, stale beans, I really would give them much credibility.

Lido deck coffee? Wretched stuff, burnt. Dining room coffee? Not bad. Dining room espresso? Actually pretty good. If you go to the coffee pay stand expecting to get a mocha as good as Starbucks, you'll be disappointed. They are not as good as Starbucks; they are better! The beans they use (at least last cruise I was on) was Lavazza, imported from Italy and better than the burnt beans that Starbucks uses. Also they use Davinci syrups which are much better than the Torani syrups most shacks use. For three bucks, they serve a pretty decent mocha for less than the places on land would vharge, so I am happy. I have no problems leaving my grinder/espresso machine/ coffee roaster at home.

People confuse burnt coffee with strong coffee- they are not the same! Most people (including those who think they are picky) know little about coffee. I don't just make my own espresso; I roast my beans weekly. So, if someone thinks that they are getting good coffee from some preground coffee that was ground from some old, stale beans, I really would give them much credibility.

Lido deck coffee? Wretched stuff, burnt. Dining room coffee? Not bad. Dining room espresso? Actually pretty good. If you go to the coffee pay stand expecting to get a mocha as good as Starbucks, you'll be disappointed. They are not as good as Starbucks; they are better! The beans they use (at least last cruise I was on) was Lavazza, imported from Italy and better than the burnt beans that Starbucks uses. Also they use Davinci syrups which are much better than the Torani syrups most shacks use. For three bucks, they serve a pretty decent mocha for less than the places on land would vharge, so I am happy. I have no problems leaving my grinder/espresso machine/ coffee roaster at home.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Starbucks tastes burnt. Yuck. I don't roast my own (my father does that - lol) but do grind my own and really prefer a good light or medium roast Costa Rica or Kenya AA. Not sure if it's true but I have been told the lighter roasts actually have more caffeine than the darker which is a good thing for me in the morning! I do like my coffee brewed strong and then add about a third of a mug of milk. Yum!

I don't mind the ship coffee. Lido is ok with lots of milk and sugar, dining room is better. I'm glad to get back home and have the good stuff, but can certainly make do for a week without packing my own coffee supplies. :rolleyes:

Boy I love snobs like you..think you are so high and mighty because you "roast your own beans..." big deal...Community Dark Roast is not "ground from stale beans..." it is the best selling coffee in the Southeast Gulf Coast...why??...because we KNOW good coffee...

Oh yeah and by the way, Starbucks coffee is the absolute worst, don't see how they can call that crap coffee...GOOD coffee can be served BLACK...no sugar or cream necessary.

Boy I love snobs like you..think you are so high and mighty because you "roast your own beans..." big deal...Community Dark Roast is not "ground from stale beans..." it is the best selling coffee in the Southeast Gulf Coast...why??...because we KNOW good coffee...

Oh yeah and by the way, Starbucks coffee is the absolute worst, don't see how they can call that crap coffee...GOOD coffee can be served BLACK...no sugar or cream necessary.

I order French Market roast with chicory, how does community dark roast compare? And how can I get my hands on some?

:D

I like my coffee strong flavored and generally drink decaf sumatra - nothing compares to this on the ship but I can get by.

Also love my cappuccinos - but last cruise they seemed more like lattes than cappucinos - much too mild and milky for my taste! :(

eatdrink013.gif

We are coffee drinkers that enjoy fresh ground beans in the morning and thought the coffee on NCL was not as good as CCL. Definately avoid the lido coffee, but the roomservice coffee is good, we loved to order room service for the mornings on the balcony. Dinning room coffee is good as well, I would order a double esspreso. The coffee bar makes good coffee drinks too at an extra cost of course. As mentioned some bring french presses, then you can have what you bring:D. Also if you make it Cozumel visit the Rockin Java it's a must stop for coffee drinkers!!(look up my previous posts on it under coffee)

I order French Market roast with chicory, how does community dark roast compare? And how can I get my hands on some?

You can order Community from their website, I don't think I am allowed to post the link but their website is easy to remember, it is their name "Community Coffee"...

This is the best coffee I have ever had...and I have sampled thousands of different coffee brews from around the world!!! Enjoy!

You can order Community from their website, I don't think I am allowed to post the link but their website is easy to remember, it is their name "Community Coffee"...

This is the best coffee I have ever had...and I have sampled thousands of different coffee brews from around the world!!! Enjoy!

Thanks!!!

Unless you have had coffee that is ground at the time of use, from beans that are no older than a week old, you really don't know what good coffee is. The southeast is the last place you'd find good coffee! The best coffee is from northern CA up to Washington. There, you'll find roasters with the best reviewed cups. Also, you'll find a lot of coffee shops that roast their own beans.

Caffiene is destroyed by heat, so darker roasts have less kick. Also, most coffees are better with lighter roast. A dark french roast is commonly used with poor quality beans to cover up their flaws (Starbucks does this). Costa Rica coffees are great with a city roast. Actually, Costa Rica makes some of the best coffee in the world, very under rated. Currently drinking a blend of costa rica/nicaragua pacamera peaberry espresso- yum!

Archived